Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Play/App Store

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys, can you please tell, if we can run ads with the key words "google play", "android market" for android apps and with key words "app store" for iPhone apps? Is it possible? Does google adwords have any limitations for it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Play/App Store

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi ellenstepnaya,

From this permissions page :  http://www.google.com/permissions/#tab4

I clicked on Android to land me here:  http://www.android.com/developers/branding.html

I didn't read through all the details and I'm not positive all the rules/requirements are the same when applied to Adwords but thought this might get you started on the right track.

If all else fails, you can always contact support and ask someone directly.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Google Play/App Store

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

OK; This is a tough one, I did run some tests on that. I will reply tomorrow. Hopefully, not too late for the original poster.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Google Brand usage in ad-copy and as a keyword

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again  ellenstepnaya;

It seems that Google employs its trade names policy on the Google brand;

• No Google trade name is allowed as part of the ad text;
  • However, it seems that you can use the Google band as a keywords (where allowed). I did try to use "Google" as part of a "long tail keyword", both in English and in a different language - it was approved.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’