Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Places linking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello fellow members,

I am stuck in a tricky situation here arised due to the complexity that google has created by G+.

Issue: I've used a different ID for G+ page of our company and a different ID for adwords account.

My question is: Which ID should I use to link Google Places to get the utmost benefit.

Would appreciate your timely expert views on this.

Thanks
Ashish

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Places linking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

In order to link your Google Places account with your AdWords account, you will have to sign in using Google Places in between the process. Also make sure that the email might be different (i.e. for AdWords and Google Places) and you might have to sign with a different email which you used for Google Places to complete the process.

Find more details about linking process here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

Pankaj

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Ashish,
To add to Pankaj's answer -

I have, on multiple occasions, linked a Google Places Account to my AdWords Account that have separate email addresses - you shouldn't run into any issues or incur any risks doing this.

If you're really concerned about it, you could always add the email address that you used for G+ as a user to your AdWords Account, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Add AdWords users - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wonder why the HELL Google created G+. It has brutaly confused me like anything. SInce I've a Gmail ID, it automatically created a G+ profile. After numerous efforts and hell lot of pain, I came to know that I need to create Page which I did. NOW, how the HELL should I link that Page to my Business/Google Places..? It is terribly confusing as much as it is freakingly easy to use an FB page or business listing. Can somebody please help me to achieve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wonder why the HELL Google created G+. It has brutaly confused me like anything. Since I've a Gmail ID, it automatically created a G+ profile. After numerous efforts and hell lot of pain, I came to know that I need to create Page which I did. NOW, how the HELL should I link that Page to my Business/Google Places..? It is terribly confusing as much as it is freakingly easy to use an FB page or business listing. Can somebody please help me to achieve this?