AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Partners Account Quality Score

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

How is the Account Quality Score (not keyword/ad QS) determined?

Also, is there a scale we can compare our score to?

I've called the Google Partners expert help line, they were not able to give me a clear answer. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Partners Account Quality Score

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your question. Account level quality score is a "guideline" so to say. Individual quality scores are king. 

With that being said, in my personal opinion, this article does a great job at explaining. If you need help with the scripts, you can post your questions in AdWords Scripts Forum. This user in the ASF has created a script for account level quality score. 

Hope that helps. 

Re: Google Partners Account Quality Score

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Brian, as Shanea has suggested, while I would recommend tracking your Account Quality Score (using either the script Shanea has linked to, or one of the many others around), I'd also recommend that you treat it as a guide to general Account performance trends, rather than being something you should concentrate on as a target.  Even then, you must always balance Quality Score with ROAS (return on advertising spend).  While a high QS is an excellent aim, in some cases a Keyword can have good performance without necessarily being 10/10 and in some cases it may not be possible to get 10/10.

So, in short, I'd use such an Account level score to monitor how QS changes over time rather than saying "I must get this up to 9.9" or somesuch.  While you're running such a script, you will probably find it useful also to export Account CPC, CTR and any other metrics you might like.  Again, they're useful as a guide rather than being a firm indication of reporting, but it can be handy, especially as you can add your own notes to the spreadsheet for key events.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits