4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Partners Account Quality Score

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

How is the Account Quality Score (not keyword/ad QS) determined?

Also, is there a scale we can compare our score to?

I've called the Google Partners expert help line, they were not able to give me a clear answer. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Partners Account Quality Score

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your question. Account level quality score is a "guideline" so to say. Individual quality scores are king. 

With that being said, in my personal opinion, this article does a great job at explaining. If you need help with the scripts, you can post your questions in AdWords Scripts Forum. This user in the ASF has created a script for account level quality score. 

Hope that helps. 

Re: Google Partners Account Quality Score

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Brian, as Shanea has suggested, while I would recommend tracking your Account Quality Score (using either the script Shanea has linked to, or one of the many others around), I'd also recommend that you treat it as a guide to general Account performance trends, rather than being something you should concentrate on as a target.  Even then, you must always balance Quality Score with ROAS (return on advertising spend).  While a high QS is an excellent aim, in some cases a Keyword can have good performance without necessarily being 10/10 and in some cases it may not be possible to get 10/10.

So, in short, I'd use such an Account level score to monitor how QS changes over time rather than saying "I must get this up to 9.9" or somesuch.  While you're running such a script, you will probably find it useful also to export Account CPC, CTR and any other metrics you might like.  Again, they're useful as a guide rather than being a firm indication of reporting, but it can be handy, especially as you can add your own notes to the spreadsheet for key events.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits