Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Mobile - Click to Call

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all

I recently created a campaign targeting mobile users with full browsers only. I added a call extension and elected to serve my ads as click-to-call only. I also elected to use  a call forwarding number from Google to get enhanced reporting. As far as I can tell I set everything up properly.

I have had several problems come up though. 1) I'm still recieving headline clicks and impressions, 2)when I search for my ad I see my business number being displayed and not a Google number, 3)I do not have access to call metrics, and 4) the headline of ads display my number only and my headlines have been pushed down to the second line.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks

Re: Google Mobile - Click to Call

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Mac266,

can't help you on all of your questions, but I am pretty sure, that just because you selected that all your ads should include the click-to-call extension, this does not mean, that a user will be unable to make a tradional headline click.

Same is true for sitelinks. Just because you activate sitelinks, does not mean that the headline is inactive.

T

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ArneTR

I elected to make the ads click-to-call only. Which I thought meant users would not be able to see headline ads.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Mac266,

made some more research and yor're right. You actually can suppress headline clicks. Not sure how this is implemented. If it is just suppressed due to detecting mobile browsers there may be some glitches, but I think that the problem is to be found in this official statement on the google blog: (http://googlemobileads.blogspot.de/2010/12/focus-on-phone-calls-with-call-only.html)

"Call-only Creative ads show on Google.com on high-end devices with full Internet browsers. To take advantage of this feature, advertisers must enable Phone Extensions and check the ‘Call-only format’ box on the Phone Extensions tab in their mobile campaign. Call-only Creative ads may get clicks from devices like iPads or iPod Touches, which cannot make phone calls. Clicks on ads from these devices will send users to the advertiser’s landing page. As with all Click-to-Call ad formats, advertisers are charged when a user clicks on the phone number in the ad."

Check in the dimensions tab from which devices these clicks occur, this may help.