4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant centre

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys , I have a Adwords campaign running but would like to set up a google merchant to sell in google shop , was just wondering how techncally minded i need to be to do this

many  thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Google Merchant centre

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Rachel and welcome to our community.

Well, first things first Smiley Happy.

Opening up a Google Merchant Center account does not mean you will sell items on a Google property. You'll still be selling via your own site.

However, a GMC feed (a file) may enable you to appear in the Google's Shopping section and also run Product Listing Ads on Google's search result pages.

What you actually do via a GMC account and a compliant feed it tell Google certain things about the items you sell (product name, description, price, picture, URL) and Google lists it. But any click on an item's URL (link), be it in Google Shopping or on a Google result page will take the searcher to your current website. Just as a regular text AdWords ad.

Here are two links to get you going:

I'd say that setting up the account is not complicated. Making sure that your feed is compliant and troubleshooting it may be a little more complicated, especially if you have missing or malformed attributes. Running a successful Product Listing Ads campaign, and optimizing it, is the most challenging bit, I'd say, from my previous experience.

Give the to links above some of your time and get back to us with further questions, if you wish.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Rachel and welcome to our community.

Well, first things first Smiley Happy.

Opening up a Google Merchant Center account does not mean you will sell items on a Google property. You'll still be selling via your own site.

However, a GMC feed (a file) may enable you to appear in the Google's Shopping section and also run Product Listing Ads on Google's search result pages.

What you actually do via a GMC account and a compliant feed it tell Google certain things about the items you sell (product name, description, price, picture, URL) and Google lists it. But any click on an item's URL (link), be it in Google Shopping or on a Google result page will take the searcher to your current website. Just as a regular text AdWords ad.

Here are two links to get you going:

I'd say that setting up the account is not complicated. Making sure that your feed is compliant and troubleshooting it may be a little more complicated, especially if you have missing or malformed attributes. Running a successful Product Listing Ads campaign, and optimizing it, is the most challenging bit, I'd say, from my previous experience.

Give the to links above some of your time and get back to us with further questions, if you wish.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there Calin thankyou for taking the time to respond to me i will look at the links

many thanks rachel

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You're welcome, Rachel.

Get back to us with any further questions (if any), and good luck!