AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Keywords Tool: Finding Keywords using the website url.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am new to CPC.

I tried searching for keywords using google keywords tool of a competitors' website

For a beginner I would rate that as challenging . My questions are:

Taking  http://chiphuat.com.my/ 

The keywords generated from the above site gave a different number of keywords. UK and Us both showed 8 , Brunei 1, East Timor nil. Why is the number different?  Are those keywords highlighted represent Exact match? Is the  said company only using just  a few keywords in the site,

Once the keywords are known, how best can these keywords especially those with high searches be used in the PPC campaign.

Tony

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Keywords Tool: Finding Keywords using the website url.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, your queries reflect a great deal of confusion. If you pull keyword ideas via the Tool for that website the results will also consider how many searches users make for a given term in a particular country. Chances are that East Timor users seldom use the net for making Google searches for terms that are relevant for the given website. 

* Using the Keyword Tool to get keyword and ad group ideas

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2470029

I'd suggest you to go thru the above till you have a bsic understanding of the Keyword tool.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, your queries reflect a great deal of confusion. If you pull keyword ideas via the Tool for that website the results will also consider how many searches users make for a given term in a particular country. Chances are that East Timor users seldom use the net for making Google searches for terms that are relevant for the given website. 

* Using the Keyword Tool to get keyword and ad group ideas

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2470029

I'd suggest you to go thru the above till you have a bsic understanding of the Keyword tool.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Lakatos. Yes I will go through the above. Out of interest in my example above, can i confirm that the keywords are Exact match?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Chances are they were broad match keywords which is Google's default setting. (Unless you specifically found the match type boxes on the left side and selected exact match.)