AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Keywords Tool: Finding Keywords using the website url.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am new to CPC.

I tried searching for keywords using google keywords tool of a competitors' website

For a beginner I would rate that as challenging . My questions are:

Taking  http://chiphuat.com.my/ 

The keywords generated from the above site gave a different number of keywords. UK and Us both showed 8 , Brunei 1, East Timor nil. Why is the number different?  Are those keywords highlighted represent Exact match? Is the  said company only using just  a few keywords in the site,

Once the keywords are known, how best can these keywords especially those with high searches be used in the PPC campaign.

Tony

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Keywords Tool: Finding Keywords using the website url.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, your queries reflect a great deal of confusion. If you pull keyword ideas via the Tool for that website the results will also consider how many searches users make for a given term in a particular country. Chances are that East Timor users seldom use the net for making Google searches for terms that are relevant for the given website. 

* Using the Keyword Tool to get keyword and ad group ideas

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2470029

I'd suggest you to go thru the above till you have a bsic understanding of the Keyword tool.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Lakatos. Yes I will go through the above. Out of interest in my example above, can i confirm that the keywords are Exact match?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Chances are they were broad match keywords which is Google's default setting. (Unless you specifically found the match type boxes on the left side and selected exact match.)