AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Keyword Planner - How to access it?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm trying to get to the Keyword Planner but when I log in to Adword it takes me to the "first campaign" screen. I don't see an option to go any further unless I agree to do a campaign???

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike C
September 2015

Re: Keyword Planner - Can't Get To It

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Mike,
Try clearing your cookies and your cache and see if that resolves the issue. If not, it's probably because Google requires you to have an AdWords Account to access the tool. A suggestion for a quick work-around - just create a Campaign, with the status of Paused. Do not activate anything in the Campaign, just create it and then you should be able to access the tool.

View solution in original post

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

No, I tried that page too. It goes to the "first campaign" page and won't go any further unless I set a daily budget/select a target audience/set a bid and write the ad. I must be doing something wrong but I have no idea.....very frustrating.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike C
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Mike,
Try clearing your cookies and your cache and see if that resolves the issue. If not, it's probably because Google requires you to have an AdWords Account to access the tool. A suggestion for a quick work-around - just create a Campaign, with the status of Paused. Do not activate anything in the Campaign, just create it and then you should be able to access the tool.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I tried clearing cookies and cache but that didn't help. I'm getting red warning banners across the screen and Google seems convinced that I need to give additional credit card info so, at this point, I'll figure out another way to get the info that I need. Thanks anyway for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nope did not help. I'm in the same boat too where I cant get past the first campaign screen. Its asking me for credit card number. I just need to cancel this mother **bleep**er first campaign **bleep** but it wont let me. I'm mildly annoyed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The only solution for me was to add another account that I didn't add a website to it.  My problems started when I added a business website and all hell broke loose. Open a NEW account. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So I've just gone through the same thing and my solution was to create a nonsense ad and then pause it once I had access to the main adwords screen. Very poor show google forcing access to ccard data

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi All,

If you are setting up a new account and want to access the Keyword Planner before adding your Billing information, go to g.co/etoaw while signed into the AdWords account. If you access this URL while in the account set up flow it will re-direct you to the Campaign Tab, and give you the "Tools" tab where you can access the KeyWord Planner.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks KathleenG - this worked for me!

Russ