1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Image ads - Pricing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a beginner and don't fully understand pricing for google image ads.

Is the cost only related to your bid for clicks, impressions and/or action?

Does the size of the ad affect the price? or does the larger sized ad just bring a higher necessary bid?

Thank you!

Karen

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JamesT (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Google Image ads - Pricing

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Karen,

You can easily control the cost of your image ad. The cost only depends on how much you want to bid and how well your ads perform. You can set your daily budget, and there is no minimum spending commitment.

Basically Image ads follow the below bidding methods:

CPC (cost-per-click) bidding: Pay for a click. CPCs range from US$0.01 to US$100 or the local currency equivalent.

Cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) bidding: Pay for every one thousand impressions of your ad. You can choose a CPM from US$0.25 to US$100 or the local currency equivalent.

Does the size of the ad affect the price? or does the larger sized ad just bring a higher necessary bid?

No image size will not affect the price and large image size not required higher bid.

For more information of image ads you can visit below link.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722096.

Hope it will help!

Thanks
Anchal

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JamesT (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Karen,

You can easily control the cost of your image ad. The cost only depends on how much you want to bid and how well your ads perform. You can set your daily budget, and there is no minimum spending commitment.

Basically Image ads follow the below bidding methods:

CPC (cost-per-click) bidding: Pay for a click. CPCs range from US$0.01 to US$100 or the local currency equivalent.

Cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) bidding: Pay for every one thousand impressions of your ad. You can choose a CPM from US$0.25 to US$100 or the local currency equivalent.

No image size will not affect the price and large image size not required higher bid.

For more information of image ads you can visit below link.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722096.

Hope it will help!

Thanks
Anchal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi anchal,

even i am new to the world of google ads. I would like to know your suggestion, is CPC (cost-per-click) bidding or Cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) bidding better according to you and what is more cost efficient??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
COST PER CLICK

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i guess paying for CPC is better because the person will actually visit your site after clicking on the ad well as for CPM you will just pay for impressions. However depending on your aim. CPM best works if you are interested in just publicity. I use CPC on my website <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> 

Note: this first-time post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove an unnecessary URL.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new question related to this topic, please start a new thread.

Thanks!