6.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Forwarding Number Problem In Sydney

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've setup call extension with forwarding number, and call conversion one days ago.

Phone number: 02951****

But when i try to search in Ad preview and diagnosis it show company number. Why not showing forwarding number.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zunnun Reza
September 2015

Re: Google Forwarding Number Problem In Sydney

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zunnun,

For a google forwarding number to show "Your ad group needs a minimum number of clicks (30 in 1 month) to be able to show a Google forwarding number. " When this criteria is fulfilled you will see Google Forwarding number, till then you will see your Business's number.

Regards,
Ashish

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

Could you check if there's a phone number added to 'Google My Business' which could possibly show up? It happened to me on one of our accounts.
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for reply.
Is it essential add in business page?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
My Business is a primary tool for location extensions. However, it also has an option to add phone numbers which may get displayed along with ads. Have you checked if this is the case?
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zunnun Reza
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zunnun,

For a google forwarding number to show "Your ad group needs a minimum number of clicks (30 in 1 month) to be able to show a Google forwarding number. " When this criteria is fulfilled you will see Google Forwarding number, till then you will see your Business's number.

Regards,
Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
is this number (30) official? It doesn't appear in Google documentation and I couldn't get this response when speaking with them.
Thanks,
Guy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guy S,

This is not documented anywhere by Google. I came to know about it through a Google Representative when I had same issue as you have now. You can verify it yourself. As and when you get 30 clicks within 30 days, google forwarding number should start to show.

Regards,
Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is this just a one time or every time you turn on the campaign. meaning I have to spend on 30 clicks before this number starts to work?

Thanks!
g

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi g,

As and when you have received 30 clicks for the first time your number should start showing. Later if you ever pause and resume the campaign the number will start showing immediately.

Regards,
Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. This info would have been useful at sign up or rep telling me instead of trying to figure out the issue for the last 3 weeks! Smiley Happy
Thanks1
g