5.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Dropping Ball

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The state of Google Adwords support is saddening.

If you call the main line the Adwords professionals tell you they don't know anything about location extensions. They forward you to the Business experts. They give you an email to reach out to the dedicated partners program which is in fact an automated response telling you the program does not exist.

I am told the dedicated partner program is now "random."  How can I go about getting a dedicated partner? I need assistance with my client accounts.

Re: Google Dropping Ball

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Joseph L

this is a pretty good place to get help. What kind of problems are you having with location extensions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I create the location extension. I want the ad to be in the google local listings beneath the map. Instead it's in the same top of the page are as the other ads. It just has a map marker beneath it with an address.

How do I get ads in the local listings area beneath the map? I imagine the click through is infinitely higher then the ads people skip at the top.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Joseph L

just to make sure we are on the same page, can you post of screenshot example of what you are talking about?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3246303?hl=en

I want the second image on a phone.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Joseph L

Now I understand, thanks for the clarification.   There is no way to ensure that this happens.  It's algorithmic, and based on the example you give it appears to be location based.  Notice the close proximity of the gps marker to the actual business being used as an exmpale.  In this example, if the person was further away, the ad would not appear there.

To be honest, I've never seen this kind of ad occur in the wild.  Are you seeing it in your case for the ad you're trying to get there, or just wanting it to appear like in the example?  I would not discount mobile ads above the map. Call extensions on mobile ads have a decent CTR in my experience.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Joseph_L,

The example ad in the second image of the link you provided is an example of a Google product listing on Google maps. This is considered a mobile ad on the google search partners network (as maps is now considered a search partner). You will first want to ensure you are targeting google search partners in the campaign settings.

If that is the case, you'll have to bid aggressive enough to be in the top spot, as there are rarely 2 or more ads that show in the maps listing.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What is a Google Product Listing? Will this work for Plumbers, Electricians, and HVAC Repairmen?

Please provide me with more information. I really want to rank that spot!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Joseph_P,

I am sorry I meant to say a Google Search partner ad, not google product listing. This means you need to ensure that your campaign is targeting search partners and not just google search as google maps is now considered a search partner.

Nick

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Joseph L

I think you're confusing searching from regular Google on mobile, and Google Maps.  Are you searching from maps?  If not, click the map tabs.