2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Display Planner tool is not giving relevant results:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i am trying to search some good/relevant managed placement sites (networking related, bandwidth realted, cisco realted) where my ads can run. but i am getting all the download sites and other sites which is not worth spending on. please help.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Display Planner tool is not giving relevant results:

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Nidhi,

There are different options which you could use to refine your results and make sure you get as much relevant placements as possible related to your business needs. Few includes location targeting, ad format, what sort of operating systems you want to target etc...

I would also encourage you to view this video on how to use Display Planner:-

More instructions on how to use the Display Planner are here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3056115?hl=en

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The best thing to do is add Campaign exclusions: Filter ideas to remove unwanted or irrelevant targeting like certain keywords or placements and remove the websites you want to exclude from your campaign.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Nidhi,

The reason why you maybe getting a lot of irrelevant placements in the Display Planner would be because of the generic nature of your keywords. From what I understand, you are using keywords related to networking, bandwidth, etc. If you use keywords that are very highly relevant & specific you maybe able to get a few relevant placements in the planner.

Try revising your keyword list and give the planner a try, it should give if not many a few relevant placement options for sure.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank,
I have already tried with relevant set of keywords but still i am getting only download sites like softpedia, brothersoft, download3000.com.. still in search of answer.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Nidhi,

As Manolis V suggested, using site exclusions within your campaign should help. Also, don't forget to add: adsenseformobileapps.com as an excluded placement to ensure your ads don't appear on mobile app sites. 

More information about excluding categories of sites can be found here: http://goo.gl/fS5MkG .

I hope this helps! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks RachelM,

But i am searching some sites for managed placement campaign through google display planner. And not getting relevant sites even after adding relevant keywords and Landing page..let me know further if you can help me with this..