Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Conversion Label for Remarketing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I had created New Campaign and when I generate Remarketing Tag in Setup Section the code is not showing var google_conversion_label  in that account. So how to generate conversion_label. In all new campaign it has same error  and in account it shows We haven't detected the Adwords tag on your website 

So I think conversion label is mission but i am unable to find conversion label for new account. So how to generate conversion label or is there any bug in Google Remarketing campaign.

I am unable to start remarketing campaign because of this.

So looking forward for some help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Conversion Label for Remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Patel n, the latest version of the Remarketing tag doesn't include a conversion_label and should work just fine as it's presented to you.

Why do you think it won't work without the conversion_label?  Are you trying to use it in Tag Manager?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello

Thanks for your reply.
But in my account it shows we haven't detected adwords tag on your site so I think it shows that message because of conversion_label is missing.
And before that while creating one remarketing account i was facing same problem and at that Google representative said that you haven't added code correctly to your site as conversion_label is missing so your list size is not increasing.
So i think my list size is not increasing because of conversion_label.

Will it work fine if i don't add conversion_label as google person said to me at that time conversion_label is missing in my tag.

Looking forward for your reply and can you guide me from my account where should i go to use Tag Manager?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author patel n
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi patel, the conversion_label being removed from the Remarketing tag is a very new change - only in the last week or so - it's possible that when you spoke to the Google support person they hadn't been made aware of the change.

The failure to detect the tag on your site is a common message and is usually a problem with placement within the site code or simply that no one has visited a page showing the tag since it was inserted.

If you don't know what Tag Manager is, you probably shouldn't use it.  It's an advanced method of adding various Google tags to your website but I'd strongly recommend you solve your current problems before creating new ones.

Are you using the Google Tag Assistant for Chrome?  This can be very useful in identifying tag problems.

Jon

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello

Thanks for your reply.
I am using Google Tag Assistant for Chrome and It shows Remarketing Tag found in my site.
But I have added remarketing tag in my site before 3 days and still it shows my list size is Nill. So i have problem with that.
So can you guide me for that.

Thanks & Regards
Patel

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Patel, remarketing lists are not "real-time" and, of course, for the AdWords tag they're only counting visitors from AdWords and only visitors from AdWords that visited pages showing the tag.

If you've been running the tag for only 3 days I'd be inclined to wait a little longer before worrying.

I assume the Tag Assistant is showing Working against the Remarketing tab, not any other word or colour?

Jon

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello

Thanks for your reply. Now my list size has started to increase so it is solved.
I had doubt because before that Google Executive said that conversion_label is missing and my list size was not increasing but today received confirmation mail from Google about they have removed conversion_label from Remarketing Tag and my code is working absolutely fine. And they said it shows message as we haven't detected adwords tag on your site message is error from Google side and they will solve it.

Once again Thanks Jon for your kind help.

Regards.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
I have the same problem. How long you had to wait until your list size started to increase?
I also use Tag Assistant and it shows:
"Suggestions" instead of "Working" and:

script tag found
Suggestion: Both script and <iframe> used

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks and relieved.

I have the same same problem also. I switch to tag manager several days ago.