Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Certification

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any great tips or good resources to use to prepare for the Search Network exam?

I have attempted this exam twice now, and both times I have failed by 3 marks - getting 77/100. I have used the Google exam guides provided on the site - is there any third party resources you can recommend? 

Thank you in advance,

Jordan Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jordan
April 2016

Re: Google Certification

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jordan,

I quickly went thru your former posts and would like to say that you seem to be on the right track to achieve your goal with the Google Search exam. Unfortunately there is an 80% passing score. However, chances are you only had bad luck which may happen to any one.

In other respects I'd second Archit. There are a few sites but none of them seems recommendable. I'd encourage you to go ahead as you are advised above.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jordan,

There are a lot but really best is from Google itself.
Access all the videos within the links and go through every internal link, your will definitely pass the exam.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jordan
April 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jordan,

I quickly went thru your former posts and would like to say that you seem to be on the right track to achieve your goal with the Google Search exam. Unfortunately there is an 80% passing score. However, chances are you only had bad luck which may happen to any one.

In other respects I'd second Archit. There are a few sites but none of them seems recommendable. I'd encourage you to go ahead as you are advised above.

Best,
Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jordan,
Ofcourse the best way to prepare for certification exam is google help center and individual experience. Also I will suggest you when you appear for exam, in separate tab open you adwords account as well and try to find out solutions from there where you have doubt.

For your reference I am giving you youtube video link that will must help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aSRppuZQr0

Thanks
Vivek

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Having my Adwords account open at the time of doing the exam sounds like a great idea!

Thanks for that! Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
hahahahaha,,
if sounds like great idea, you can give me star!
Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

I would definitely put in some time under the hood on the adwords platform creating new campaigns and optimizing them. Some of those questions want to see what you would do in certain situations and no amount of video viewing will help with those questions. It will come with experience.

Good luck Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jordon,

Follow these below steps and I am much confident that you will not fail again.

1. Read all of the materials in the learning center for the exam. Especially if there is a new feature or if one might have been updated.

2. Watch all of the videos. Whether it was intentional or not, there are topics which are not covered in the readings but covered in the videos. You’ll definitely have a few gaps in your learning, if you skip the videos.

3. You can read others Exams in few websites but please cross check the answers if it is not directly from Google website.

4. Make sure to work on Mock Tests - Google search for “Adwords Test” and you will get many websites to take these tests. These tests will definitely build your confidence when you work on Adwords Test.

5. Know what to expect when you click Begin Exam. Once I started the exam, my screen was unable to copy paste the contents in another tab to cross check my answers.

6. 100 questions and 120 minutes - Once you marked answer, you cannot change it and so manage your time accordingly. Calculate 1 minute to answer one question so that you can manage few tough questions with little more time that you face in between.

7. Experience counts. If you have been working with accounts for any amount of time the exam will be much easier for you. Some of the questions have you thinking through real life scenarios and choosing the best solutions.

Note – 3rd and 4th point may look silly but it does matters a lot.

Regards,
Umesh

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question so thoroughly @Umesh R .

Since your reply I have followed your steps and am now feeling much more confident to re-take my exam tomorrow.

Thank you very much again, and your advice has really helped!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jordan,

I am happy Smiley Happy All the best

Regards,
Umesh

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.