Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Banner Ads Disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Support,

I have got the free hosting from x10hosting.com and bought my travelagencymumbai.com domain from somewhere else. But x10hosting guys have given me a different domain i.e travelagency.x10.mx.

They also gave me the feature to use my .com domain. So what i did is I changed the name servers of my travelagencymumbai.com with x10's Name Servers. Everything was going fine. My .com was live.

Now I signed up for Google Adwords Marketing, and Created an Ad which has destination url as travelagencymumbai.com. Adwords guys have disapproved my adcopies 3 times saying that destination url is not working. I checked always and found that my destination url travelagencymumbai.com is working very fine and always is live but I'm afraid why google is not accepting it.

Can you help me in this. Do i need to use my destination url as travelagency.x10.mx or there is something else which i need to do.

Please help

Regards
Steven

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Banner Ads Disapproved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Webvisionz,

Could you post an exact error message please?  I'm curious if you're having trouble with your landing page or if it's related to your actual Destination URL. Are you able to submit the ad for review or are you stopped immediately?

For further info regarding Destination URL's, please read this help/policy article.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I would suggest checking the URL for typos...I copy and paste a lot of information and more than once has my URL ended up wrong. 

Be sure that you do not have the http:// in front of the URL since it is already assumed. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Steven.

Have a look at this policy: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1308145&topic=131086...

Your website can't be under construction or link to an error page.

Yet you have a message on top of your website clearly stating: "Major Part of our Website is still not ready."

I'm not saying that this is the only problem, but it is certainly one that can lead to your ads being disapproved. For the moment, stop adding new ads, because repeated violations of this policy can get your account suspended.

Finish the site, test it, and only then advertise it.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Your Error Page goes via an 302 to a page which gives me a virus warning !

Did you check wether you can recieve ads with the gclid code  that Google puts behind  the URL when contectiong AdWords to Analytics?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Webvisionz,

It's actually worse than marketsharer points out. Maybe you have attempted to fix the redirect.

For a page not found, the site displays a "404 Not Found" page, but the returned status is "200 OK". That's not good. It needs to return the proper status as well as the page. And when it does this, it returns the status from "http://x10powered.com/errors/404.shtml". The result of this, if your destination URL is wrong, is that the adbot will think it found the correct page, but it is in the wrong domain for the display URL. The consequence of that is your display URL will be disapproved. I would double check the destination URL for the ad. Click on the pencil next to your ad. Ignore the message about "delete and create a new ad", we're not going to save anything. Copy the destination URL as you have entered it. In a new tab or window, paste that address into the address bar. Did you get the page you expected, or did you get the error page? My best guess is there is something wrong in the destination.

Oh, BTW, I did the gclid test on your stie yesterday. That's not a problem.

I would also talk with the hosting service and see if you can get the status code fixed and eliminate the redirect to x10powered.com.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a simular problem, getting disapproved ad. Adwords keeps sending me the same disapproved email each time I change the ad:

====================
Disapproval Reason
====================
[Display URL] Inaccurate Display URL: Your display URL must accurately
reflect the URL of your website. Please follow the guidelines below.

1. Use the same domain name ....
2. Use the same domain ...
3. Don’t redirect users to a ...
4. If your site’s hosted...
5. If your destination URL...

My current ad is:

Own a 24/7 Dry Cleaners
Open the newest concept in dry
dry cleaning - No Royalties
www.247drycleaners.com

destination: http://www.247drycleaners.com

I have changed the landing page a few times and still get the sames disapproved message. Does anyone know what I am, doing wrong?

Thx

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

When such kind of disapprovals happen, it's best to contact your site's webmaster and ask him to ensure that users are taken to www.247drycleaners.com at all times, when a user clicks on your site and is not taken to any other domain due to redirect issues. Google's sophisticated systems are quick to catch any slow redirects or technical issues on the site (even if tehy are tentative) which may negatively impact a user's experience on the site.

If you have ensured that the site is free of redirects and are still facing disapproval issues, feel free to contact AdWords support team at

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Hope this helps. Take care. Smiley Happy