Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics vs AdWords Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I've imported goals for conversion tracking into AdWords, from Analytics. Do I also need to add the "tag" that I keep reading about in order for AdWords to accurately track conversions from my ads? Or is it sufficient to have the Analytics ID across my entire site. 

If I do need to add the tag, I'm unable to find the script in AdWords. 

Thanks for your help. 

Zeljka

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zeljka B
June 2016

Re: Google Analytics vs AdWords Conversion Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Zeljka,

If you have all of your important goals/conversions etc...all being tracked properly in Google Analytics as goals and they are all being imported into AdWords, you do not need to do anything more.

AdWords also offers a version of conversion tracking, but you do not need both if Analytics is covering what you want to track. You can read more about AdWords Conversion tracking here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Let us know if you have any further questions.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zeljka B
June 2016

Re: Google Analytics vs AdWords Conversion Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Zeljka,

If you have all of your important goals/conversions etc...all being tracked properly in Google Analytics as goals and they are all being imported into AdWords, you do not need to do anything more.

AdWords also offers a version of conversion tracking, but you do not need both if Analytics is covering what you want to track. You can read more about AdWords Conversion tracking here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Let us know if you have any further questions.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’