Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics columns in Adwords reports - shopify

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have a shopify ecommerce site and have linked Adwords and Analytics. Auto Tagging is enabled however when I try to add Google Analytics columns in Adwords reports they are not there to select. Can anyone help me figure out what is missing?

Man thanks

Matt

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics columns in Adwords reports - shopify

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matt,

Click the Columns sub-tab and select Modify columns. Next find and select Google Analytics under Select metrics. (Please also see snip below my sig.)

Did you do that?

Best,

Lakatos

Capturemay10c.PNG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos, Google Analytics does not appear in Modify Columns.

I have linked Adwords to Analytics and auto Tagging is enabled.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It is either fresh yet or there may be an issue with GA properties or views. Copy/pasting help material:

*** Add Google Analytics data to AdWords reports ***
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2617364?hl=en

"To ensure that you're importing the targeted information you need, it's important that you've linked your AdWords account to all the relevant Google Analytics views. For example, if your AdWords account has keywords and ads that target landing pages on 4 different websites, it's important that you link your AdWords account to a Google Analytics view for each of the 4 sites.
You can import Analytics data into your AdWords account from only 1 view per property, from a maximum of 10 properties.
If you don't tag every page you want to track in Google Analytics, you won't get the complete data you're looking for."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Lakatos, I have this correctly in place already. In Adwords > Tools > Conversion Actions there are two rows where the source is Analytics and under Tracking Status it says No recent conversions. Could this be why my Analytics data is not available for me to incorporate into my Adwords reports?

Many thanks.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Absolutely.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lakatos

I hope you are well. We are now 'recording conversions' in the tracking status column in Adwords > Tools > Conversion Actions however I still do not have Google Analytics available in Modify Columns. Are you able to suggest anything else I ought to look to get these columns included?

Many thanks, Adam.