star_border

Google Adwords Organizing Account Structure Suggestion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

We have a Mens Clothing Store.

Now we sell Shirts, Pants, Shorts and Outerwear
In shirts we sell Linen, Cotton, Long Sleeve, Short Sleeve etc.

Now let me know if the following structure if fine.

One Campaign each for Shirts, Pants, Shorts and Outerwear
So Under Shirts I create Adgroups one each for Linen, Cotton, Long Sleeve, Short Sleeve.

But Now I am stuck. The website has separate product pages for White Linen Shirt, Pink Linen Shirt etc.

Do I need to create separate Adgroups for each of these colors instead of just creating a Linen Adgroup?

One Possible Way but Don't know if this is the right Approach: Why I am asking is I can't have a common adgroup called linen shirt containing all the color keywords as well as all the generic linen shirt keywords. If I do this, which of the following ads of the adgroup containing different linen color shirts will be shown when I search for "white linen shirt" as both the ads are in the same adgroup?

Regards,
Bob

4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LynnyRose (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Google Adwords Organizing Account Structure Suggestion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I think the way you explained above structure looks fine to me.

You said you are confused at the sub category pages of linen shirts. Now here one way could be creating specific ad copies for your sub category shirt linen pages and direct the users straight away to that particular page. Of course it means creating separate ad groups for them.

Anther more of the generic way could be that you identify which products which are more profitable to you inside that category and work around those products to create specific ad copies and direct the users to those pages only.

These are only my thoughts and could differ from others.

You can go through this excellent Google reference for more insights.

Hope this helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Pankaj...

About Method 1 wherein you said Now here one way could be creating specific ad copies for your sub category shirt linen pages and direct the users straight away to that particular page. Of course it means creating separate ad groups for them.

Let's say, I create 3 ad groups

Adgroup 1: Linen Shirts for Men containing Ad Linen Shirts for Men Sale with following keywords - linen shirts for men..... and so on

Here Adgroup 1 takes me to the linen shirts category page containing one or more kinds of linen shirt, Basically Different styles of linen shirts.

Adgroup 2: Pink Linen Shirts containing Ad Pink Linen Shirts Sale with following keywords - linen shirts for men, pink linen shirt..... and so on

Adgroup 3: Yellow Linen Shirts containing Ad Pink Linen Shirts Sale with following keywords - linen shirts for men, yellow linen shirt..... and so on

Now if you notice, all the 3 ads can have one or more common keywords such as linen shirts for men. Is that not a bad practice.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi hemanthjava,

You are correct, using the same keywords in multiple ad groups is not a good idea. The keyword in one of those ad groups will end up with a higher quality score and always show. The rest will never show.

I suggest you use broad match modified.

Adgroup1: +linen +shirts for +men

Adgroup2: +pink +linen +shirts for +men, +pink +linen +shirt

Adgroup3: +yellow +linen +shirts for +men, +yellow +linen +shirt

But I strongly recommend you look at search terms report from adgroup1 to see if people actually search using color. Another approach would be to include the keywords with color specified in the same ad group, but assign a keyword level destination URL to take the user to the correct page. All will be shown the same ad (ads).

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you petebardo..

I learn something new here... I need to see how to go about using "keyword level destination URL"

And yes, would use the broad match modified.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can assign a seperate url at keyword level. Whenever that particular keyword trigger your ad, user will be land on Destination url that you have been assign to each keyword.

I would like to add here you can also try adgroup level negative keyword if in case you see that keywords competiting with each other. For example: In adgroup Yellow Linen shirt, you can add Red as negative broad. So that no search term which contain red will get trigger in this adgroup.

Similary for Adgroup: Red linen shirt, you can add yellow as negative broad.

Hope it helps a bit.

Thanks

Neha Gupta 

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey hemanthjava,

If I was creating the account for you, the structure that I followed was similar to what you are trying to do..

Suggestion1:

Since I am assuming that you have a limited set of products that you are selling...

Campaign: Shirts

Adgroups: Linen, cotton etc..

The adgroup: Linen shirt- would contain all my keywords related to linen shirts.. they could be long sleeved, short sleeved, red, pink etc..

I used Dynamic Keyword Insertion in my ad copies to have the approritae headline in my ad text.

and my ad copy would be a common one, something like:

{KeyWord:  Buy Linen Shirts}

Best Quality Linen short/long sleeved shirts

in various colors available at 10% discount

The headline would be replaced by Red Linen shirts or long sleeved linen shirts

>> I would start of with this and then eventually split this into more adgroups according to the product that generates the most revenue or is the most searched for.

Suggestion 2:

If you have a large number of products..

You could structure it a little differently..

Adgroup1: Linen shirts

Adgroup2: short sleeved linen shirts

Adgroup3: long sleeved linen shirts

Adgroup4: coloured linen shirts - you could use DKI here and an ad copy that reads something like

Red Linen shirts - (in DKI)

Grab your favorite color and we wont let it fade away OR something like.. All our shirts are coloured in Organic dyes..

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions...