Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Conversion tracking cross-domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys!

I am trying to track all conversions with Google Adwords Tracking snipper, but not all sales are being reported to Adwords account.

The process:

Google Ad -> Landing page on www.website1.com -> Person download my software -> Installed software and pressed a link to www.website2.com from software -> Put his credit card number -> thank you page (I have Google Adwords Conversion snippet here).

I am getting only about half of sales reported in Google Adwords. 

What could be the reason? Maybe I am doing it wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adwords Conversion tracking cross-domain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ricardas
There's a few reasons why not all conversions would be tracked. If you are tracking at least one conversion, it's working correctly. There's no "cross domain" AdWords tracking like in GA. AdWords doesn't care about the domain.

Reasons why not all conversions are being tracked range from cookies being deleted, javascript being deleted and the tag not being fired in the iframe correctly etc. However, most likely, it's either the way you have conversions set up in the AdWords UI (one conversion or many conversions) or else it's the time delay. If you offer a 30 day trial on the software and users only pay after 30 days, the AdWords cookie will have expired and it wont be tracked. I'd look there first.