AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ads, few to none...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I found a post about this from back in 2012 but is now closed so I had to create a fresh post. 

When I search on Google for common and rare, short and long tail keywords, I rarely see any ads (not referring to mine). I am baffled why this is. I understand that some keywords may not bring in profit, may not get enough traffic, not relevant enough, etc but no matter what I try profitable traffic/high traffic/relevant or not, these ads cease to show. Can someone bring light to this issue? (this happens in all browsers)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Ads, few to none...

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Optimus, how are things?

Can you provide us more information about your market segment, your business (local, national or global) and some examples of keywords you're using? Getting traffic (from long-tail keywords or not) will depend on various things that we need to understand before suggesting anything. The more information you provide, the better for us to recommend something.

Looking forward to see and understand how we can help Smiley Happy
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello leandrofm,

Thank you for the quick response. We are a staffing company for local counties. We market to people looking for jobs and companies looking for people. I have tried searching for broad terms in this field such as staffing companies, staffing agencies, and long tail keywords such as staffing companies in anaheim/anaheim ca etc. Just as a reminder, I am not looking for results for my own Adwords campaigns but wondering why other ads arent showing up for broad and long tail words. Usually the ones missing are the top and first page when im sure there are companies out there that have high enough quality score to be able to pay for those positions and yet I cant find those ads to feel secure in raising our budget to hit those spots.

I notice we will get up to 1000 impressions in a day for one keyword but when I search for that keyword no other ads show up, MAYBE one at the bottom of the first page. This is also the case with keywords that are not related to our business such as "shoe stores near me" or "video game stores in orange county" or even just "shoes"

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;

2 points to note here;

Are you using the ad preview tool to test?  If you use your own  device the results might be statistically  biased.

For any given keyword Google has set a threshold of QS and ad-rank for the ad to be shown. It could be that for low search volume KWs this threshold is high.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ad Preview Tool to search for other ads out there besides mine? That sounds like a tool to look at my own but im not trying to see my ad.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The Ad preview tool shows all ads that are triggered by a given keyword including your competitor.
Another tool to get some deeper understanding of your performance compared to your competitors is the "auction insight"

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’