6.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Editor problems on Mac

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google AdWords editor doesn't work good on my Mac. Installing was not a problem, but the program is not working correctly. Almost nothing happens when I open accounts or preferences. Some windows keep staying open without content when I click on steps in for the opening of my accounts. 

I am using the latest Google AdWords Editor version, 9.9.0 en the latest Mac version 10.7.5 on a MacBook Pro with a lot of power and memory. I tried uninstalling (clearing cach e and application support too) and restarting, but it isn't working fine.

Sometimes, like now, the program suddenly reacts and works fine again. Very strange, I thkink there are a lot of bug to fix. 

I included some screenshots. 

Windows keep stayong 'open'

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords Editor problems on Mac

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have been using adwords editor on my MacBook Pro (OS X:10.8.2) for about 9 months now.

and have not any problems as such.

Steps recomended for you to solve this Issue:

1) Please remove the application AdWords Editor and all related files(.dmg) from your Mac, 

2) Check for software upgrade, if any. Please update OS before you move a head.

3) the donwload the latest version of AdWords Editor from the following URL:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/

4) Reinstall the application.

This should get your problem resolved.

Thanks, 

Suprakash De

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issues as you describe. 

The application works perfectly about half the time. The other half windows open up behind others, stay open and nothing happens when I push for example the Get latest changes-button. The top menu usually works so that I can access the same functionality but not always that either.

I have tried uninstalling the app but the problem is still there.

When I encounter the problems I usually restart the app a few times and the problems will go away for that time being.

Does anyone know how to handle these issues?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problems here. 

Please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having similar problems since around 2 weeks ago with adwords editor 9.9 on two macs, both running osx 10.7.5.

When I go to select an account, menu bar options disappear and edtitor stops working.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem. that appear with the latest version of the software...

any help from Google team ????

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here. Any news on this issue?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problems as described in this thread.  I've tried uninstalling adwords editor many different times - still get sporadic problems.  Most of the time (90%) it's not workable.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does Google follow these threads? Will they provide a solution? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is driving me mad since I almost can't use Adwords Editor at all. Today I updated to version 10.1 but that didn't change anything.

Examples of what is happening:

- Windows are opened behind the main window instead of in front of it. When I tab from Adwors editor and back again they appear. This process has to be repeated for each window that opens in a succession. For example when I want to get latest changes the log in windows appears in the background, then the options windows, then the status window. Each of them only appears when I tab away and back to the application.

- Certain buttons don't work at all at times. The get latest changes button in the top of the main window for an example. Another is Make several changes in the keyword tab.

- The main window becomes too long sometimes, which leads to me not being able to access the bottom of the window at all. Restarting the app a few times usually solves the problem.

Looking forward to getting some response from a Google rep.