AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords - Different URL Destinations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I wanted to ask a question in regards to Google AdWords and different URL destinations. In a paid account, am I able to have two different URLs that my ads direct to? I want to direct people to a site that does not have the same URL as my current website and I wanted to make sure that I could like to different pages without the URL needing to be the same/start with the same domain.

Thanks,

Sam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google AdWords - Different URL Destinations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

The only restriction is all ads in a single AdGroup must point to the same top-level domain:

AdGroup domain: www.example.com

Landing Page URLs in same AdGroup:
ads.example.com -- this is ok, the tld is the same

ads.sample.com -- this is not ok in the same AdGroup but ok in a separate adgroup or campaign.

If the websites in question both belong to you, you should have them both in the same AW account. If the second website is owned by a client or anyone other than you, a new account for that owner should be created. If you are taking clients, you should get an MCC so you can manage them all with a single login.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords