Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail advertising to people receiving newsletters from certain domains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have been trying to find how to do a gmail placement (mail.google.com) to users that have visited or received emails from a a certain domain, similar to a placement on a specific url.

does anybody know how to show gmail ads to such users?

thank you in advance

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John P
March 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

You could try using the managed placement of mail.google.com with a custom affinity audience made up of those sites. However - More and more lately all the Google placement data seems to be reporting as anonymous.google. So, you may have to experiment with things a bit to make sure the process still works like it used to. Smiley Happy

Tom

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey John,

I guess you can manage this with campaign for Gmail Ads targeting both mail.google.com as placement and Customer Match remarketing list. Customer Match is a remarketing list created from email email adresses of your customers, so you just basically add there email adresses that you are targeting with your newsletter.

Of course you will probably not reach everyone, but at least good majority of people who have received newsletter from you.

Customer match info: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6379332?hl=en

Tomáš 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John P
March 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

You could try using the managed placement of mail.google.com with a custom affinity audience made up of those sites. However - More and more lately all the Google placement data seems to be reporting as anonymous.google. So, you may have to experiment with things a bit to make sure the process still works like it used to. Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, but I was trying to target emails of competitor email list/ newsletter. I am going to try tomhalejr's answer. It looks more like what I am trying to accomplish.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am going to give it a try. Lets see if it works

Thank you