2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Ads Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking at Gmail Ads and wondering how/what we are able to target. Anyone has info on this or any info on how to create a specific campaign for Gmail Ads?

I got a lot of info from this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404243?hl=en but based on the look of the email ad I'm not sure how to set up the Ad as it seems different than my normal Google Ads.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johanna T
September 2015

Re: Gmail Ads Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Johanna.

GMail Ads is a part of Google Display Network platform,
but the difference is your ads shown as a text ads only on Gmail not banner ads.

Thats simple step to show your ads on GMail,
1. Create new campaign and select only Google Display Network platform on your campaign setting.
2. Create one adgroup that contain only mail.google.com as it placement. Because its better to separate your adgroup or campaign when you want to focus showing your ads on Gmail.
3. Create new relevant text ads on your Ads Tab
4. To increase the relevancy between your ads with content in your mailbox . Targeted some keywords might already match your ads to Gmail emails on Display Network Tab in your AdWords dashboard
5. Set your maximum bid higher than your default bid to win the auction and get more impressions on GMail.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
I will just add that I strongly recommend adding keywords to the campaign, so the system will find relevant content (in the Gmail inbox) that matches the "theme" of  your keywords.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Ryan and Moshe!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Johanna.

GMail Ads is a part of Google Display Network platform,
but the difference is your ads shown as a text ads only on Gmail not banner ads.

Thats simple step to show your ads on GMail,
1. Create new campaign and select only Google Display Network platform on your campaign setting.
2. Create one adgroup that contain only mail.google.com as it placement. Because its better to separate your adgroup or campaign when you want to focus showing your ads on Gmail.
3. Create new relevant text ads on your Ads Tab
4. To increase the relevancy between your ads with content in your mailbox . Targeted some keywords might already match your ads to Gmail emails on Display Network Tab in your AdWords dashboard
5. Set your maximum bid higher than your default bid to win the auction and get more impressions on GMail.

Thank you
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
I will just add that I strongly recommend adding keywords to the campaign, so the system will find relevant content (in the Gmail inbox) that matches the "theme" of  your keywords.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Ryan and Moshe!