Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Global market finder

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi!

I noticed that in Global Market Finder (GMF) I have to specify my language and my location. And if I switch between them and search for the same terms (translating them accordingly) than GMF shows slightly different results.

How so? In my understanding, the global search volumes shouldn't change if my term is translated in to every other language from whatever language I happen to be putting in. If the tool translates the term in to every language in every search than why should it matter from which language the term is being translated?

The same goes for locations. If the tool searches the whole world, that why does it matter if I am in one country or another?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Global market finder

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI Juris;

Not sure what you mean by GMF; but a few points to note:

Adwords does not translate search terms;

Search term results are based on location. (Not necessarily that  the number of searches will be the same in each location, though they speak the same language....)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks,
but I'm afraid we might be talking past each other here. By GMF I meant Global Market Finder (https://translate.google.com/globalmarketfinder/g/index.html?locale=en) and I my question does not relate to AdWords.
But thanks Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmm,, interesting;
I think that the issue is that since the  translation is based on a statistical pattern, it is not perfect, and hence the discrepancies in the data shown

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’