Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Giving access to MCC account for existing Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to give access to MCC account to my main email address, but it ask me to sign-up. There is not option to add or grant access. I have already added my email address, but when I click invitation link it says

A Google Account can only have access to one AdWords account. 
The Google Account wali**@gmail.com already has access to an AdWords account.

How do I solve this issue because I have signed-up with Google Partner, but I cannot use my main gmail account.

Thank You

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Giving access to MCC account for existing Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Ahmad,

The email address you use for MCC need not be linked with any Adwords account. Reason being that your MCC login will be for all the client accounts and not only for a single account. So if your main email id is already linked with some Adwords account, you won't be able to create MCC from that. Try using a different email address.

You can create MCC account using this link : http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwords/myclientcenter/

Find more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hmmmm... There is no way I can use my main email or provide access when I already have an Adwords account. :-( .... I think this should be a new feature...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So...AdWords users can only grant access to only the emails which never had signed up with AdWords before? Does that make sense? Very strange. What kind of policy is this?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Actually it's quite logical (Says Mr Spock!) Google uses the email address as an identifier - so once it is linked to an AdWords account Google knows which account to open when you use the email to log in - if it didn't do this it would simply not know which account to open

The way around this is complex, but also logical.

You will need to set up a new email account and add this as an admin user to the exsiting account.

Log out and log in with the "new" email - then unlink the original user - you may have to change the access level from Admin first - as I recall you cannot remove an admin user from the account.

Once the original email is unlinked you should be able to set up a new MCC with that email.