Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Getting click and imp but no calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am running a campaign on technical support where i am seeing that my website getting clicks and impression but unforunately i am not getting calls. When i run keywords diagnosis then it sometimes show low bid or quality score, budget exhausted, approval issue etc. I am not able to understand what step should i take to make my ad improve so that call flow start. Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Getting click and imp but no calls

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

As this post talks about multiple concerns lets take them one at a time.

I believe your primary concern is about getting clicks and not getting any calls.

There can be several reasons for this but i will point out some very obvious ones.

• Have you looked at your search query report? and if those search terms are relevant to the service you provide?
  • Also take a look at geos you are targeting  if you are targeting geos which are not located near you and are you getting clicks from there? For calls especially on tech support I believe geos play a big role as users are more prone to call numbers which are in their city.
  • For other concerns please provide more details about your account with examples.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Your phone calls from Adwords ads depends upon the fact whether you have implemented the call extensions and that too effectively or not.

Additionally, there's something called Google forwarding number also in your call extensions which are available for certain countries. If it is implemented, then Google assigns a toll free number to your text ad and the phone calls can also be measured.

Please note that the phone impressions do not start immediately and there's minimum threshold of clicks which your ad should incur and then Google will start displaying forwarding number along with your ad.

Apart from that, you can set your business number to be displayed on high end mobile devices so that users can directly call you. 

And in case you have Enhanced campaigns implemented, you can custom schedule the call extensions depending upon your working hours schedule.

I would also suggest you to implement conversion tracking code (if you haven't installed) so that you can measure the ROI from your Adwords campaigns.

If there are issues related to low bid or something, then you might consider increasing the bid. Also you might look for the keyword relevancy and how well it is with respect to the user search query.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

As this post talks about multiple concerns lets take them one at a time.

I believe your primary concern is about getting clicks and not getting any calls.

There can be several reasons for this but i will point out some very obvious ones.

• Have you looked at your search query report? and if those search terms are relevant to the service you provide?
  • Also take a look at geos you are targeting  if you are targeting geos which are not located near you and are you getting clicks from there? For calls especially on tech support I believe geos play a big role as users are more prone to call numbers which are in their city.
  • For other concerns please provide more details about your account with examples.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Your phone calls from Adwords ads depends upon the fact whether you have implemented the call extensions and that too effectively or not.

Additionally, there's something called Google forwarding number also in your call extensions which are available for certain countries. If it is implemented, then Google assigns a toll free number to your text ad and the phone calls can also be measured.

Please note that the phone impressions do not start immediately and there's minimum threshold of clicks which your ad should incur and then Google will start displaying forwarding number along with your ad.

Apart from that, you can set your business number to be displayed on high end mobile devices so that users can directly call you. 

And in case you have Enhanced campaigns implemented, you can custom schedule the call extensions depending upon your working hours schedule.

I would also suggest you to implement conversion tracking code (if you haven't installed) so that you can measure the ROI from your Adwords campaigns.

If there are issues related to low bid or something, then you might consider increasing the bid. Also you might look for the keyword relevancy and how well it is with respect to the user search query.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Thanks for your valuable reply but would you be able to say me a bit more in call extension. how to configure it and how it works.