Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Started on the Google Display Network

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

You're search campaign is doing great, excellent! But did you know that people spend 95% of their web time on the Google Display Network?   The Google Display Network (GDN) is a collection of websites that have partnered with Google to show AdWords ads. The GDN allows you a unique opportunity to reach users as they are surfing content all across the web.  

With the Display Network you have an array of options from deciding what websites to display your ads on to what types of users can see your ads. The Display Network caters to all business needs - whether you are looking to create brand awareness or drive sales directly, you can tweak your Display Campaign to maximize your goals. You can show text ads, image ads or even video ads to show on the GDN. Imagine using the power of images to bring your products and services to life!

For those of you that are more seasoned display users--what's worked for you? Any advice for newcomers to the Google Display Network?

If you have any additional questions about starting your Display Network campaign, I am on this thread and will be happy to answer any and all questions.
For more information on the Display Network, please reference the following article:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=117120

To get started, please reference the following guide:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2580399

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting Started on the Google Display Network

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Sherry,

Thanks for your participation!

I'm working with my team on building some display campaigns. We'll throw some questions out there as we go.

- David

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi David,

Great to hear! Looking forward to them!

Best,
Sherry

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
My advice is: start with re-marketing. It´s a really, really smart and usually cheap way of reaching your audience (proven so because they visited your website before!).
Of course, it presupposes you already have some traffic to your website. If not (and are careful with your money), try finding websites where your audience may hangout and get them there (if you´re selling travels to Hawaii, it could be a weather website, if you are selling house insurances, it could be a "all about buying a house"-forum).