AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Conversions without Clicks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Last week I got 5 conversions in 1 keyword which had got 0 clicks and 500 Impressions. In one of account in conversion column it shows 0 clicks and 5 conversions. So can anyone guide how is this possible conversions without clicks?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting Conversions without Clicks

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

Could you clarify if you have multiple accounts? Are you looking at converted clicks or conversions? Also, what's the date range you're looking at?
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

We don't have multiple campaigns running. I am looking for Data of Conversions of Last 7 Days. In last 7 days it shows 5 Conversions, 0 Clicks and 300 Impressions. And in converted clicks are also showing 5 with 0 Clicks.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Have you checked your invalid clicks report?

Even though the clicks converted, it's possible that the AdWords system detected something in them that suggested some type of click fraud. If so, it would have removed the count (and the cost) for each of those clicks.

I've had this happen to me. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Thanks for clarifying.

As Theresa_Zook suggested, it could be an invalid clicks issue.

I'm thinking of a possibility where in, clicks were accrued before the date range you're looking at, while conversions happened within the date range. For instance - users clicking on the ad on Apr 1 and converting on Apr 5. In that case, clicks wouldn't be available within the date range, while conversions would. Could you look at a longer date range (like last 14 or 30 days) and see if it matches?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar