Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Geotargeting With Similar Keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

How to target two different geographical locations with similar keywords?

I mean I want to target US, UK and Australia with same set of keywords as the product has global appeal.

Help!

Thanks,

Jack

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Geotargeting With Similar Keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

You can place same keywords in separate campaigns which set to serve ads to different geographical locations. This way you can have your account segmented by region. 

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jack,

The ideal solution will be creating three separate campaigns targeting each country.

This will help you to find the effectiveness of your campaigns in each country.

You can allocate specific budget for each country based on profitability and you can optimize each campaign separately with different country specific advertising message or promotional offer later.

Deepak

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for being prompt.

I see "Your ad isn't being shown for this keyword because there may be other ads within your account that are ranked higher and have similar keywords" message now.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I did that but find
'Your ad isn't being shown for this keyword because there may be other ads within your account that are ranked higher and have similar keywords" message

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Jack,

To follow with the above informative responses, try using the Ad Preview Tool using the correct settings like country etc... and then see if your ad is being triggered or not.

Are your keyword in separate campaigns accruing data in terms of clicks, impressions etc...or not?

Also is it happening for single keyword or multiple keywords?

Pankaj 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

Many keywords.

Could you tell me something about -ve keywords inclusion here?
I mean, suppose keyword XX is in UK, US and Australia Campaigns. How should I make them not fighting with other keywords ?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Jack,

Ideally if you are targeting different countries in different campaigns, they shouldn't compete. That's because the advertisers who are targeting US and targeting the same keywords would be considered during the ad auction and not the ones who are targeting same keywords in UK and rather Australia. That's my understanding.

Are you using Broad match type keywords more often in your account? If yes, I would suggest going for more restrictive match type keywords like phrase, exact matches.

Also try using the advanced Location Options and select People in my targeted Location :-

Location.png

Doing this would help your ads to show more often to the users who are physically present in that particular location.

Pankaj