Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Geo targeting for local business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello AdWords Community,

How we can run ads based on live Geo targeting near a local store. I want to show ads to users who are nearby a store and can be our prospect customers in their mobile. Feeding ads like offer, coupons, new trends etc.

Please help me with same, how can I target user using AdWords.

Thank You

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sharif h
October 2016

Re: Geo targeting for local business

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Sharif H,

If I'm reading your question correctly, you want to target people on mobile phones near a competitor's store with special offers, etc. If so, I would set up a Display campaign with your promotion ads and use radius targeting to select a small area around the store you wish to target. This way, when mobile phone users are in the vicinity of the local store you wish to target they may see ads while surfing websites, on apps, etc. To do this:

1. Open the Campaign, select the Settings tab.
2. Select the Locations tab and click the large red button '+Locations'.
3. Under Edit locations, click the blue hyper-linked 'Advanced search'. This opens a window where you can choose your targeted locations.
3. On the left you will see a map, on the right are targeting options and a search bar. Set the targeting option to 'Radius targeting'.
4. Enter the place name, address or coordinates of the target location. It will appear on the map to the left.
5. Set the radius to your preference, it can be as small as 1 mile.
6. Click the red 'Add' button.

I hope that helps!

Allie

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Sharif,

What you need it to is link your business to a location with google my business. with that you can use location site links which shows your clients where you are based.

regards,

Zaby

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello,

Location extensions is a good option if you want users to visit your local office. Other than that, you could use the location based keywords in your AdWords account and choose the advanced option of "People searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location" to target broader customers. Lastly, you can do the bid adjustment and increase the bidding for mobile devices to specifically target mobile users more effectively.

My 2 cents!
Pankaj
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sharif h
October 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Sharif H,

If I'm reading your question correctly, you want to target people on mobile phones near a competitor's store with special offers, etc. If so, I would set up a Display campaign with your promotion ads and use radius targeting to select a small area around the store you wish to target. This way, when mobile phone users are in the vicinity of the local store you wish to target they may see ads while surfing websites, on apps, etc. To do this:

1. Open the Campaign, select the Settings tab.
2. Select the Locations tab and click the large red button '+Locations'.
3. Under Edit locations, click the blue hyper-linked 'Advanced search'. This opens a window where you can choose your targeted locations.
3. On the left you will see a map, on the right are targeting options and a search bar. Set the targeting option to 'Radius targeting'.
4. Enter the place name, address or coordinates of the target location. It will appear on the map to the left.
5. Set the radius to your preference, it can be as small as 1 mile.
6. Click the red 'Add' button.

I hope that helps!

Allie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You Zaby for your reply

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You Allie for you Answer. It helped me a lot and full fill my campaign targeting. Generated god results so far.