AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Geo-Target Multiple Countries and The Actual Locations of our Schools'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I know all about Geo-Targetting, but what I wanted to know is, if I were to set-up a campaign for French Speaking countries, for example, but the school I am advertising for was in Toronto/Vancouver so I also included those two places in the targetted locations, do I then have to specify "toronto" or "vancouver" in the list of keyword terms? (i.e. english language school "in toronto" or "in vancouver"??

Any help would greatly be appreciated, please and thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zoilo N
September 2015

Re: Language/Geo-Targetting Settings for Multi-Lingual Campaign/Ad Gro

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

1. Please refrain from multiple postings on the same topic;
  2. As for your question; since you are targeting "big" locations (big cities, states... Metropolitan areas..) -including those  as part of the keyword would be a redundancy, 
  3. I would set a separate campaign, and  a separate  landing page, for each location, and set the location targeting using the "standard" method. (Under campaign settings).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Language/Geo-Targetting Settings for Multi-Lingual Campaign/Ad Groups

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I wanted to setup a campaign for the English as a Foreign Language teaching school I work for. Obviously, we have a diverse group of prospective students who are interested in studying abroad at our school, therefore, we want to set-up campaigns for some of the major languages (Spanish, French, Portueguese, Korean, Chinese, etc.). My question is, if I were to set-up seperate campaigns for each, how could I set-up geo-location settings to specify the native countries of the languages, as well as, each location of the schools we own (i.e. Miami, New York, London, Toronto, Vancouver, etc.)? If I were to do that the correct way, do you have to include the Location of the schools in the keyword terms (Miami, New York)??

Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zoilo N
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

1. Please refrain from multiple postings on the same topic;
  2. As for your question; since you are targeting "big" locations (big cities, states... Metropolitan areas..) -including those  as part of the keyword would be a redundancy, 
  3. I would set a separate campaign, and  a separate  landing page, for each location, and set the location targeting using the "standard" method. (Under campaign settings).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply, MosheTLV,

Sorry for posting multiple times.

We are targeting the "big" locations due to the fact that we currently have schools in each of those areas. So, let me get this straight, for example, Spanish speaking countries, I would have to set-up a separate campaigns for "Spanish speaking countries" in the "New York location", "Toronto location", "Vancouver Location", "Miami Location", etc. If I were to target "New York" as well as "Spain, Mexico, Columbia, etc." in the geo-location, it would be fine to just use keyword terms without the "New York" included?

Sorry, I am a bit confused on how to set-up multi-lingual campaigns, and do it the right way. We already have our English International as well as other language campaigns up and running, but we would like to make them better, through campaign and ad group organization and geo-targetting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I guess what I'm wondering is if I should just target "New York" or "London" or one of the other locations we have schools or do I have to target each and every "spanish speaking country"?And, if I were to just target those big markets and set the language to "Spanish" then every single person who has their language settings set to "Spanish" would be shown our advertisement for the specific targeted location, or am I missing something?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No - You misunderstood me;
Target location based on Adwords Geo targeting option.
See the following article about "setting up location targeting"
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043