2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

General Campaign and Local Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,  I have 2 Campaign, one that I'm targeting general market on my country (for example with ad's like shopping umbrellas) and another local (shopping umbrellas in Paris). I would like to split this 2 because the text from the ad's are different so that people from Paris, and surroundings (hypothetical scenario) would be more easily drawn to my ad.

For this I made 2 campaigns, one with local restrictions, and another with no restrictions (only country). And set different set of keywords. 

All works great to Paris, because I have keywords that are specific, like "shopping umbrellas in Paris", but if someone searches for shopping umbrellas in a surrounding of Paris (that is targeted) my general ad is trigged and my general ad is shown.

So, what is the best approach to do this? duplicate all keywords with no location on the keyword and only relly on the targeting restrictions? Try to incorporate all locations in the keywords and duplicate them all with all locations? Other solutions?

Thank you all for your help

Best Regards

Diogo

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: General Campaign and Local Campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Diogo,

Your objective is not very clear.
you wish to cover Paris near by in General or in specific?
or you want to restrict your ads from any campaign?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Archit, sorry for the confusion. I have 2 campaigns, in one I have Targeting Locations to Paris (for example) and in the other no restrictions.

Lets Say:

Campaing 1: Targgeting France

Campaing 2: Targgeting Paris and surroundings

User searches "Umbrellas in France", i what to trigger ad's in Campaing 1 (works)

User searches "Umbrellas in Paris"  i what to trigger ad's in Campaing 2 (works)

User searches Umbrellas some other locations near Paris (targeted in Campaing 2), and adworks displays Campaing 1. I would like Campaing 2.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi,
Now its very clear, thanks.
So what you can do is do radius targeting with advanced search in the setting tab of location for the France targeting campaign (choose the area in miles as per your requirement).
Now after clicking search (mentioning paris in the text box), you will get the list of cities nearby to paris, and exclude them from the campaign targeting France.

Hope it is clear and will help you.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Archit, I have done that! And it's working! But some searches for the surrounding areas trigger the Campaing 1, and according to the radios, they are included in the Campaing 2 range.

Thank You

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Diogo,

It may be a case it a certain area is left to exclude which is not offered to target or exclude by Google.
But in case of radius targeting I don't thing there should be any such issue.

But I researched and found some facts and even analysed practically about the targeting of Google, which is not very accurate.

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, Perhaps you can try excluding the location Paris and the nearby localities from Campaign 1 which essential targets France at large. This way there will be no conflict internally when a user in Paris searches for umbrellas, since Campaign 1 will not trigger ads for the location Paris.