Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Gdn some targets easier than others ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I tried to set several separate ad group targets (all with graphics and ad text)  : kw only, kw + placements (contextuel) , managed placements , themes only , interest only. I 've been rising cpc bids also to see whether the bid was wrong or not (from 0.30 to 0.85 )

For the time being, after 5 days :
only themes and Kw give impressions (about 15 000 but mainly on ads text)
managed placements : 29
interest  : 207

Generally speaking,  can we say that it is easier to target with kw and ad text on auto placements than managed ones . And what about interest ?

Tks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Re: Gdn some targets easier than others ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

For interests the bid should be higher I think , because a fee is deducted from your bid . Read this :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/How-much-is-the-service-fee-for-interest-category-ad...

It is unusual that for managed placements you get only 20 impressions in 5 days ( even if 2 are weekend) . For that ad group the google ads could be placed below the fold and the exclusion could prevent impressions. Or others bid a lot more. Check the relative CTR metric .

Yes topics (themes as you call them) and keywords work well.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

For interests the bid should be higher I think , because a fee is deducted from your bid . Read this :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/How-much-is-the-service-fee-for-interest-category-ad...

It is unusual that for managed placements you get only 20 impressions in 5 days ( even if 2 are weekend) . For that ad group the google ads could be placed below the fold and the exclusion could prevent impressions. Or others bid a lot more. Check the relative CTR metric .

Yes topics (themes as you call them) and keywords work well.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian ..

Many tks, again a new discovery ! Gdn is not an easy place to walk around, the more you do the more you realize that the task is hard Smiley Happy