AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Gdn some targets easier than others ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I tried to set several separate ad group targets (all with graphics and ad text)  : kw only, kw + placements (contextuel) , managed placements , themes only , interest only. I 've been rising cpc bids also to see whether the bid was wrong or not (from 0.30 to 0.85 )

For the time being, after 5 days :
only themes and Kw give impressions (about 15 000 but mainly on ads text)
managed placements : 29
interest  : 207

Generally speaking,  can we say that it is easier to target with kw and ad text on auto placements than managed ones . And what about interest ?

Tks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Re: Gdn some targets easier than others ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

For interests the bid should be higher I think , because a fee is deducted from your bid . Read this :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/How-much-is-the-service-fee-for-interest-category-ad...

It is unusual that for managed placements you get only 20 impressions in 5 days ( even if 2 are weekend) . For that ad group the google ads could be placed below the fold and the exclusion could prevent impressions. Or others bid a lot more. Check the relative CTR metric .

Yes topics (themes as you call them) and keywords work well.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

For interests the bid should be higher I think , because a fee is deducted from your bid . Read this :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/How-much-is-the-service-fee-for-interest-category-ad...

It is unusual that for managed placements you get only 20 impressions in 5 days ( even if 2 are weekend) . For that ad group the google ads could be placed below the fold and the exclusion could prevent impressions. Or others bid a lot more. Check the relative CTR metric .

Yes topics (themes as you call them) and keywords work well.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian ..

Many tks, again a new discovery ! Gdn is not an easy place to walk around, the more you do the more you realize that the task is hard Smiley Happy