AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

GOMC challenge funding problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having difficulties having my student teams participate in the google challenge.  the first issue was that several teams could not get funded due to no manual payment button,  Google suggested the solution below., which I did.

PROBLEM- I had one group get funded but the other group could apparently see them since they are all on the same subaccount and so now I have group b using group A’s funding. How do I straighten this out? 

Still need to get Group b and group c funded.

Can anyone help this has literally been WEEKS of trying to solve this and I am running out of days for the campaign to run.

please reply to me at ed@steenmanassociates.com or here.

<<Account Crediting/Manual Payments Update

This post will be edited/updated with the latest information regarding this topic moving forward.

The option to select Manual Payments is not appearing for many new AdWords accounts, a required step before requesting account crediting. If you do not see the Manual Payments option, you need to use a My Client Center (MCC) umbrella account to create a new account within the MCC interface (merely linking your existing account to an MCC will not work) and transfer your campaigns over. Here are the steps:

1. If your professor does not already have an MCC, follow these steps to create a MCC Account (http://goo.gl/SOcLK). It doesn't matter if you or your professor creates the MCC, either works.
2. Follow these steps to create an optional-login AdWords account (http://goo.gl/J343s) within the MCC interface. If your professor already has an MCC account, then he/she can use it to create multiple AdWords accounts, each of which can be assigned to a student team by inviting them as an administrative user on the sub-account (not the MCC itself). The invited email address(s) must not already be associated with another AdWords account.
3. Download AdWords Editor (http://goo.gl/GawhZ) and use it to copy your campaigns (http://goo.gl/GvQX9) to the new account.
4. Fill out the Billing Profile, select Manual Payments and hit Continue to save.
5. Update the CID on the Student Dashboard and request crediting again.

Despite the number of steps, it can be done in 30-45 minutes. We realize that this is a cumbersome process, and wish there was an easier solution, but this is the only solution that does not involve putting in a credit card, which goes against GOMC principles. Unfortunately the situation is entirely out of our hands, it is a change that is affecting accounts across all of AdWords. We will keep everyone updated with any new information we have from the billing team.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee2 (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: GOMC challenge funding problem

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Ed,

Thanks for reaching out with your question and I am so sorry to hear you have encountered difficulties with your marketing challenge accounts. I have dealt with this before and from your explanation it sounds like you were told to create a My Client Center Account from which to create your student’s accounts. This is definitely the correct course of action to ensure your students can have manual payment accounts.

It does sound like you have only created one sub account however so now all the students are housed in the same account. What you need to do is create a new account for each team within your My Client Center. I would recommend logging into your My Client Center and clicking the “My Client Center” Tab and then click, “Create Account”.

Once you create accounts for your students, you can add their emails onto the new accounts as administrators and update the funding form to ensure you get the necessary funding for each team on separate accounts. You will also want to use AdWords Editor as recommended before to copy the contents of any old accounts to these new accounts.

I would recommend reaching out to us by phone between 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday at 1-866-2GOOGLE (1-866-246-6453) if you need help creating the new account and copying the ads over. I would also recommend directing questions directly to the Marketing Challenge team at onlinechallenge@google.com as they can best assist with Challenge related questions. You can also see their Plus Page here.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions by responding to this post!

Best,

Anna

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can anyone help me pleaase?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee2 (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Ed,

Thanks for reaching out with your question and I am so sorry to hear you have encountered difficulties with your marketing challenge accounts. I have dealt with this before and from your explanation it sounds like you were told to create a My Client Center Account from which to create your student’s accounts. This is definitely the correct course of action to ensure your students can have manual payment accounts.

It does sound like you have only created one sub account however so now all the students are housed in the same account. What you need to do is create a new account for each team within your My Client Center. I would recommend logging into your My Client Center and clicking the “My Client Center” Tab and then click, “Create Account”.

Once you create accounts for your students, you can add their emails onto the new accounts as administrators and update the funding form to ensure you get the necessary funding for each team on separate accounts. You will also want to use AdWords Editor as recommended before to copy the contents of any old accounts to these new accounts.

I would recommend reaching out to us by phone between 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday at 1-866-2GOOGLE (1-866-246-6453) if you need help creating the new account and copying the ads over. I would also recommend directing questions directly to the Marketing Challenge team at onlinechallenge@google.com as they can best assist with Challenge related questions. You can also see their Plus Page here.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions by responding to this post!

Best,

Anna