Guide Me
star_border

GIF and JPG banners in a same ad group

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi guys ,

good day for all of you

i need some help here , Can i use GIF and JPG banners with same dimensions  in a same ad group ?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: GIF and JPG banners in a same ad group

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, you can use a GIF and JPG banners of the same dimension in the same adgroup. This is possible because the inventory for both the ad types are different. But I would highly recommend that you split the two ad types into different campaigns as one of the ad types is going to end eating up most of your daily budget thereby leaving the other ad type with hardly any traction and room for performance.

This is totally based on my observation and experience, I would love to hear from other members about this.

Hope this Helps.

Cheers!
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, you can use a GIF and JPG banners of the same dimension in the same adgroup. This is possible because the inventory for both the ad types are different. But I would highly recommend that you split the two ad types into different campaigns as one of the ad types is going to end eating up most of your daily budget thereby leaving the other ad type with hardly any traction and room for performance.

This is totally based on my observation and experience, I would love to hear from other members about this.

Hope this Helps.

Cheers!
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

N/A
# 3
N/A
Thanks alot @shashank
but i want ask too if the banners in same group it will compete each other for impressions on the site ?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi,

I would like to add one thing that is technical.

If you will use the sizes Vertical rectangle: 240 x 400 and Mobile leaderboard: 320 x 50 in both the formats(gif and jpeg) then they will come under the Non-animated image ads.

While for all other sizes(see reference), gif format will cover the animated image ads also.

Reference: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en-GB

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

To echo Shashank here, I would suggest creating separate ad groups for different format of Display ads. Reason because that the placements in Google Display Network accept ads of various formats depending upon their own requirements. So if you try to launch Gif and JPG within a single ad group, you will not be able to gauge the performance of individual ad copies.

Also as per the best practices, you should ideally separate the ad groups based on different ad formats for more exposure across GDN.

My couple of cents!

Pankaj