Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

GDN VS DBM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Folks,

Can somebody help me understand what would be better between GDN and DBM if I have to do a heavy budget campaign for a single day. Campaign could be analyzed on Visits.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GDN VS DBM

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Saurav,

I think it will be DBM.

And for the last, DBM (DoubleClick Bid Manager) is a demand-side platform (DSP) from Google. Most DSPs are similar to GDN in that they are used to create ad campaigns. But, DSPs provide advertisers access into the vendor-neutral RTB ecosystem, whereas GDN AdWords only allows campaigns to run within the Google network.
With DSP you can targeting your campaign based on behaviour from your audience wider than GDN can do.

reference:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Difference-between-GDN-DFA-DBM/td-p/3409...

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 01saurav01
February 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Saurav,

It really does depend. DBM is likely to be the winner here, but only if you are currently using it. DBM requires data (and a lot of it) in order to optimise and best identify audiences, if you do not have the floodlights on your site gathering audience data and you have not been running any campaigns with it before then I would advise against using it for a one day large burst.

It gives you access to a much larger media pool, but it is a lot more powerful so there is much more room for mistakes. DBM also tends to be more expensive which when being used properly is not an issue as you are getting a much higher value audience when & where you want them, but you need to know who that audience is.

It does also depend on the location that you wish to target. Are you targeting Global sites but users with a country specific IP, or do you want to target a specific country's websites only. Depending on the country you may find that DBM & GDN are very close in reach of websites (usually in developing countries) and so GDN would be the easiest to use in these cases.

Good Luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Clynton M, this really make sense to me.

GDN VS DBM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Clynton, 

hope you are well and apologies for joining the party so late! Smiley Happy 

When you mention that:

'DBM requires data (and a lot of it) in order to optimise and best identify audiences, if you do not have the floodlights on your site gathering audience data and you have not been running any campaigns with it before then I would advise against using it for a one day large burst.'

few questions/comments:

a/ does that mean that the more campaigns you run for a specific client on DBM, the more accurate they become as the volume of collected data on past campaigns increases?

b/ does DBM allow for an integration with external DMPs or even the client's own internal DMP?

c/ do you refer to purely 1st party data that the advertiser might not have per say? because alternatively isn't there the possibility to target 2nd and 3rd party data (and I guess there is a lot of that out there)?

thanks so much in advance, 
Francesco

GDN VS DBM

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it was solved over a year ago.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.