AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

GDN: Should Remarketing have a separate account in MCC?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Community,

A warm hello to all of you!

I am setting up from scratch a GDN account for a country. I am going to show display ads to both normal users and old users (via Remarketing). My question is this:

Should I create two separate accounts in the MCC view (one for Remarketing and one for General users) or should I keep just one account for Display and instead create 2 campaigns in it: one for Remarketing and one for General? What is the best practice in this regard and why?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Shreyans

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
February 2016

Re: GDN: Should Remarketing have a separate account in MCC?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Shreyans J

Hello

You should create two campaigns.  Two different accounts just isn't necessary, and you'd be creating extra work for yourself.  One account is capable of handling many different types of campaigns concurrently. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
February 2016

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Shreyans J

Hello

You should create two campaigns.  Two different accounts just isn't necessary, and you'd be creating extra work for yourself.  One account is capable of handling many different types of campaigns concurrently. 

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Shreyans,

You need to create 2 separate campaigns within same adwords account, one for Normal display ads and other for remarketing.

Advertising the same business from different adwords accounts is a policy violation*.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Archit

while two campaigns is the way to go here, it is not a policy violation for the same business to have different accounts. There are many legitimate reasons why the same biz may need two accounts.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
I agree but in this case there is no such sub-domain, as well as same geographic targeting.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for the clarification. I'll go ahead and create different campaigns as you have recommended. Thanks again!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for your answer, Archit. I'll go ahead and create 2 campaigns as you and David have recommended. Thanks again!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Welcome Shreyans, feel free to post any adwords related issue.

Regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
@Archit - As long as one is not using similar keywords/queries in both the accounts we can run two different adwords account using same domain.

Secondly, if one is targeting Google search in one account and Display Network in other account using same domain, it is perfectly acceptable.

Regards,
Ashish

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hi @Ashish D,
As already mentioned by David that there are many legitimate reasons where multiple account are accepted, I agree for this.

But here the better solution will be separate campaigns not the accounts.

Regards