AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

GDN: Difference b/w Responsive Ads and Display Ads?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone Smiley Happy

I'm creating some ads in the Display Network and I was wondering what the difference is between Responsive Ads and Display Ads (they both seem very similar to me) It'd be great if someone could elaborate on the difference between them? Thanks Smiley Happy

s1.PNG

Thanks,

Shreyans

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
July 2017

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Shreyans responsive ads can automatically adjust their size, appearance, and format to fit just about any available ad space

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6363750?hl=en 

They can be created only inside AdWords. 

Display ads can be created in different sizes both inside AdWords or uploaded as external files. If you want you can upload banner only in one size, for example, 200 x 200 – Small Square banner. It can be done only by display ad.  

I would recommend using responsive ads because very quickly you can cover much more placements in GDN and as a result pay less per click.

Different websites support the different size of the banners so there is no sense to limit your banners only to few sizes.

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Re: GDN: Difference b/w Responsive Ads and Display Ads?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Shreyans,

Great question!

Those are ads that are built using Google's Ad gallery tool.

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 8.10.25 AM.png

You can learn more about the AdWords Ad Gallery here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/156868?hl=en

I hope that helps!

John

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shreyans J
July 2017

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Shreyans responsive ads can automatically adjust their size, appearance, and format to fit just about any available ad space

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6363750?hl=en 

They can be created only inside AdWords. 

Display ads can be created in different sizes both inside AdWords or uploaded as external files. If you want you can upload banner only in one size, for example, 200 x 200 – Small Square banner. It can be done only by display ad.  

I would recommend using responsive ads because very quickly you can cover much more placements in GDN and as a result pay less per click.

Different websites support the different size of the banners so there is no sense to limit your banners only to few sizes.

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the clear answer, Alexey!