AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Frequency Capping option in Display Planner

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been using the Display Planner these days to update an inventory of local websites based on various Topics and I have seen the "Frequency capping" option in the Display Planner, but I do not know how can it help me to make a better Placements plan.

I also noticed that for most large traffic placements Mobile Display traffic at least in my country is now is bigger than Desktop traffic (47 % over 43 % ). An interesting trend.

I could not find any info about this feature in the help files and it has no info bubble .

Does anyone have any opinion on the uses of this feature in the Display Planner ? What does it do ?

I am asking because I think it is an interesting finding to share.

Thank you

frequency-capping-display-planner.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Frequency Capping option in Display Planner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I too noticed this a while back. I assumed it was pretty straight forward that limiting the impressions by unique user (which display planner doesn't do by default) would give more accurate display values.

This would be particularly useful for sites like forums with high pageviews per user.

I don't see how there could be any other meaning for this, what are your thoughts?