Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

For Conversion which method is best standard or accelerate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

If my Goal is Conversion, then which ad scheduling method is best Standard or Accelerate.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jagdeep k
September 2015

Re: For Conversion which method is best standard or accelerate

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jagdeep,

Standard & Accelerated delivery methods depend upon the Product/Service you're advertising. If you'd like to get the budget exhausted as soon as possible, you can go for accelerated. In case you'd like to show ads all day, you can go for standard. That being said, results may be different for these options if the budget isn't really sufficient. For instance: if you have a $10 budget that usually gets exhausted by mid day, setting the campaign to accelerated or standard wouldn't have a significant impact. In accelerated mode, the campaign would nearly perform the same, but in standard your ads may not show for all eligible searches, as the system needs to stretch the available budget throughout the day. I'd think of scheduling options, if there's a significant difference in performance through different hours of the day in such cases.

To conclude, delivery options (standard & accelerated) wouldn't have much impact on conversions, unless a good portion of your budget is unused.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jagdeep k
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jagdeep,

Standard & Accelerated delivery methods depend upon the Product/Service you're advertising. If you'd like to get the budget exhausted as soon as possible, you can go for accelerated. In case you'd like to show ads all day, you can go for standard. That being said, results may be different for these options if the budget isn't really sufficient. For instance: if you have a $10 budget that usually gets exhausted by mid day, setting the campaign to accelerated or standard wouldn't have a significant impact. In accelerated mode, the campaign would nearly perform the same, but in standard your ads may not show for all eligible searches, as the system needs to stretch the available budget throughout the day. I'd think of scheduling options, if there's a significant difference in performance through different hours of the day in such cases.

To conclude, delivery options (standard & accelerated) wouldn't have much impact on conversions, unless a good portion of your budget is unused.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jagdeep,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Firstly, Ad Scheduling is a feature that allows you to schedule the ads as per days and times. Standard and Accelerated Features are with Ad Delivery (Edited wrt to Sumanth post) Feature.

Now if your goal is to generate more conversions by Ad Scheduling, then you have to know at what times you think you get more conversions (If you campaign has conversion data then you can segment and see the performance by hour). If not, then you can enable conversion tracking and let your ads run for few weeks and then segment -> time -> Hour of the Day to see the hours at which you get most of the conversions or your campaigns are profitable.

Once you have this information then you can optimize your ads to run during those times using Ad Scheduling.

Hope that Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Joel,

I disagree on that. Standard & Accelerated are delivery methods while ad rotation decides which ad is to be shown, when there are multiple ads within the same ad group.
Sumanth Sridhar

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Right Sumanth (Sales**) SIr,
I am sorry it is Ad Delivery not Ad Rotation. Sorry for the mistake. Quickly wanted to respond. My Bad!!
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi jagdeep,

The first thing to bear in mind is that if your budget is sufficient for a 100% impression share, there is no practical difference between Accelerated and Standard delivery.  One very common misconception is that Accelerated delivery somehow delivers your Ads more often than Standard, but this is not true.  Accelerated delivery can deliver Ads more often only over a shorter period, and where the budget is limited.  So, if your budget is high enough for your Ad to appear for all eligible auctions in your scheduled period, it doesn't matter which option you choose, and I'd recommend sticking to the default of Standard.

If the budget is not high enough for a 100% impression share, you really have to look at the business itself to decide which is the best option.  Consider that Accelerated delivery in this case will mean your Ads will stop running completely at some point during your scheduled period and it's very difficult to think of a business model that would suit this, especially one that is based around online orders.

I have yet to see a business that makes good sensible use of Accelerated delivery so in my opinion, unless you have such a strong reason for doing so, you should use Standard.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits