Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Flash to HTML5

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

I've been tasked with creating some HTML5 ads and ideally want to convert them from Flash (SWF) instead of hand-coding or using a tool like Google Web Designer.  

I've seen a number of articles such as this:

http://marketingland.com/google-now-auto-converts-flash-display-ads-html5-mobile-119578

Has anyone tried it to see if it works as I don't have access to the account and only produce the creative.

My add displays correctly when exporting using Swiffy, but I don't have an account to see if the clicktag fires.  The ads themselves will appear on Google Display Network (GDN) but from what I can see there is little difference with AdWords, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Neel

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Flash to HTML5

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Based on what I have heard from graphic designers Swiiffy does work, however, I would recommend to contact the account managers and to set a test.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Flash to HTML5

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for your quick reply. I'll try and get hold of someone within the media agency and let you all know how I get on.