AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

First PLA campaign: Better to submit all products or just top performers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm about to set up my first PLA campaign. We sell men's specialty accessories and have a low level of competition for our keywords. Is it better for me to submit all 50 of our products, or to focus instead on our 5-10 top performers?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: First PLA campaign: Better to submit all products or just top performers?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Jordan,

Welcome aboard, and good question.

We've tended to build out PLA campaigns, with targets for every individual product. This way we could control which products are showing up for which keywords, and how much we are paying per click.

Does that work for you?

Re: First PLA campaign: Better to submit all products or just top performers?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Jordan, 

That's a good idea from David-nationalp there and could help you out. But also bear in mind you can group your products together into certain types or brands by using different product targets. This might help make things a little quicker for you. However if each of your products is radically different having a different product target for each product will make things more specific. 

Also please bear in mind that product listing ads aren't triggered by keywords, they are triggered when someone types into Google terms that match how you described the products in your Merchant Centre feed. So there won't be the issue of your product listing ads showing for irrelevant keywords. 

Hope it helps!

A.