AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

First Campaign Ever - Impressions never go up?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm completely new to advertising with Google Adwords. I have a degree in Computer Science, but this is an entirely different world! Programming I can do, AdWords I'm not sure about Smiley Happy.

I created a campaign, with one ad initially. I left it on overnight, got 97 impressions and 2 clicks (yay!). Then I remembered I needed to change some things, and turned it off.

So I made changes, added two more ads to the Ad Group, re-enabled about 6 hours ago, but my Impressions have stayed the same. I can hover over the chat icon and sometimes it says it's displaying, and sometimes it says it isn't. It recently started saying because of my low ($10/daily) budget, it would not show the ad much (understandable). So I bumped it up to $50/day. Still says the same thing.

Here is the real strange part: When I went to billing earlier today (after turning the ad back on), I noticed I got billed the $1.66 or whatever I payed for the clicks AND I got billed $13.19?

So right now it's showing me a balance of $13.19. Wait what? I have two clicks still (nothing has moved impressions wise or clicks wise from the main dashboard). Does the dashboard only update once daily as far as clicks / impressions? When I look at the billing details it says campaign clicks: 13. Yet my campaign says 2 clicks.

What in the world is going on?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Josh W
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

"Today's" data are not fully accurate until all AdWords servers are synced. This takes 24hrs.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apparently I've been staring at this too long. My date range was the last 7 days (which must not include today). I'm seeing current numbers now. 

To anyone else with the same issue, it seems the Google Adwords Dashboard might default to the last 7 days, which does not include today Smiley Happy.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Josh W
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

"Today's" data are not fully accurate until all AdWords servers are synced. This takes 24hrs.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’