AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

First Campaign Ever - Impressions never go up?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm completely new to advertising with Google Adwords. I have a degree in Computer Science, but this is an entirely different world! Programming I can do, AdWords I'm not sure about Smiley Happy.

I created a campaign, with one ad initially. I left it on overnight, got 97 impressions and 2 clicks (yay!). Then I remembered I needed to change some things, and turned it off.

So I made changes, added two more ads to the Ad Group, re-enabled about 6 hours ago, but my Impressions have stayed the same. I can hover over the chat icon and sometimes it says it's displaying, and sometimes it says it isn't. It recently started saying because of my low ($10/daily) budget, it would not show the ad much (understandable). So I bumped it up to $50/day. Still says the same thing.

Here is the real strange part: When I went to billing earlier today (after turning the ad back on), I noticed I got billed the $1.66 or whatever I payed for the clicks AND I got billed $13.19?

So right now it's showing me a balance of $13.19. Wait what? I have two clicks still (nothing has moved impressions wise or clicks wise from the main dashboard). Does the dashboard only update once daily as far as clicks / impressions? When I look at the billing details it says campaign clicks: 13. Yet my campaign says 2 clicks.

What in the world is going on?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Josh W
July

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

"Today's" data are not fully accurate until all AdWords servers are synced. This takes 24hrs.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apparently I've been staring at this too long. My date range was the last 7 days (which must not include today). I'm seeing current numbers now. 

To anyone else with the same issue, it seems the Google Adwords Dashboard might default to the last 7 days, which does not include today Smiley Happy.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Josh W
July

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

"Today's" data are not fully accurate until all AdWords servers are synced. This takes 24hrs.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’