4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Filling Trademark permission form

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can somebody tell me as an advertiser which sections I should fill/skip in the authorization form: https://services.google.com/inquiry/aw_tmauth?hl=en

For example as an advertiser I want to use trademark Dell in US in my ads.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Filling Trademark permission form

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi UtilitiesIndia,

You, as an advertiser, should not complete the form. You should, however, request the trademark owner to complete it in your favor.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I request the trademark owner to fill it on my behalf?

More so when I've 30 trademark terms of gaint companies like Microsoft, HP, Norton etc?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author utilitiesindia
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I suppose you are well connected to the trademark owners. Google, on its own, will not allow you to use their terms in the ad copies unless you get the authorizations from them. The rest is up to you... Robot LOL

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

utilitiesindia, in order to allow a trademark to appear in your ads, Google requires direct authorization from the trademark owner. Please follow the instructions located at:
http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=es-419&answer=106477

The trademark owner has to submit authorization for your AdWords account at our online authorization form.

Hope this helps.

Rashmi

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Lakatos! As a small agency is it practical to ask big companies like Microsoft, HP etc to authorize my clients to use their trademark terms?

Companies will definitely want to see first how they themselves are benefitted before they authorize.

Do you yourself apply for such authorization? Do you get it easily?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am stuck just like you, i have sent trademark request to Brand Names Like Dell, Norton etc.... but still no reply from them.

Please let me know if you get any further.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you qualify under the "reseller policy", you don't need permission to use trademarked terms.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.