AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Fatal error posting changes using adwords editor - help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Using adwords editor 9.9.0 and it says it cant post my changes because it would mean that doing so would cause my ads to exceed their limit at the adgroup level.

i dont understand because its nowhere near the 300 ads per adgroup that google specifies

any ideas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Fatal error posting changes using adwords editor - help!

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

You may be hitting a limit of 50 text ads per ad group. The limit of 300 applies to "display" ads (where the word "display" means something different than "ads that appear on Display tab in Editor", and also includes image ads in the count).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem, I've doubled checked and I have 263 display ads, so am under the limit but it won't allow me to upload.  Also, the adgroup it is denying is a copy of an adgroup that has been accepted..

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looks like the ads were uplaoded, even though adwords editor threw up the error!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I seem to be having trouble with posting a new adgroup with keywords. I've edited them down and now unsure why these cannot be posted.

Fatal error.

Name: Feeding Limit: 50 TEXT_CREATIVES_PER_ADGROUP

[EntityCountLimitExceeded. ADGROUP_LIMIT @ operations[1].operations[26]; trigger:'<null>'

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

The error says that the upload would exceed the limit of 50 ads per ad group. "Feeding" is the name of the offending ad group.