AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Facebook Re-targeting Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

My question is not about AdWords, but about Facebook campaigns, I recently asked to do a new remarketing campaign for facebook and I don't know how start. BTW I have a normal facebook campaign (not remarketing).

Can anyone let me know the steps?

Also I need to know the same steps for the remarketing campaign in AdWords.

Many Thanks,

Amir

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Facebook Re-targeting Campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Amir,

I would suggest you to post about facebook remarketing over Facebook forum for more insights.

In terms of Remarketing for AdWords, you need to put one code on your website, which basically tends to collect cookies of your users who have been to your website earlier and might not have taken any actions important for your business. So basically, you can remarket your old users and show them custom ads with custom offers so that users convert into customers for you.

Here are more details on how remarketing works: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;
Since you have no access to the FB code, you cannot run an Adwords re-marketing for users visited your FB page.

BTW, a side note: Generally speaking, (for a number of reasons), I would not recommend  FB as a landing page for an Adwords campaign.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I'm asking about FB remaketing campaign that will land directly to the website. And the second question is about how to create a remarketing campaign in AdWords.

Thanks,
Amir
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Amir,

I would suggest you to post about facebook remarketing over Facebook forum for more insights.

In terms of Remarketing for AdWords, you need to put one code on your website, which basically tends to collect cookies of your users who have been to your website earlier and might not have taken any actions important for your business. So basically, you can remarket your old users and show them custom ads with custom offers so that users convert into customers for you.

Here are more details on how remarketing works: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000?hl=en

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
OK; I see that Pankaj has replied to your follow up, while I was away.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Amir Y,

Facebook remarketing is an entirely different program, not through AdWords. It's handled by a 3rd party.

Try this link for more info: http://www.adroll.com/features

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Amir Y,

you should not ask questions in this community regarding anything else but AdWords. Even Analytics questions are not answered here.

But to help you, during the FB ad creation process, almost at the end, there is on the left bottom side an option to open advanced option and there you can create the FB conversion and remarketing code.

For more information read the Facebook adverts API guide and please don't ask any more AdWords unrelated questions here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you everyone for your help and special thanks for "petebardo" as your link helped me alot.

@Moshe and Pankaj: thank you guys for your suggestions, I know my question is little complicated but thank you for your replies.

@Mr. Mvarga: Thanks for your reply, I think it is not a mistake to ask a question regarding another platform than adWords as I thought most of the members are experts enough in AdWords and may have an experience for other platform. I have enough experience in AdWords but I know a little about social media so that is why I asked you guys. But anyway thank you for your reply.

Many Thanks,
Amir