1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Extreme frustration over Youtube Adsense linking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 Google accounts.  Account A is setup to my YouTube Channel.  Account B is an older google account that I had set up AdSense to.

The Youtube Channel under account A is generating decent traffic that I feel I should be able to monetize and take advantage of, however no matter what I try, I cannot link this account to my existing AdSense account.  This was the case when Google first took over YouTube - OK, expected.  It's been quite a while now and we cannot still do this???

Mean while I have just below $100 in my adsense account which Google now expects me to abandon in order to set up a new ad sense account for my You Tube channel???   That is so WRONG.  Why in the Hell can we still not link our newer stuff to our old ad sense accounts???  It's ridiculous...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Extreme frustration over Youtube Adsense linking

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Chris T, 

This forum is specifically for AdWords queries. If your issue is with AdWords, please let us know. Otherwise, the AdSense fourm is the best place for this issue. 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Saravaiya Akshay Haribhai

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am so frustrated too. I accidently set up my adsense application using my website. I do not wish to monetize my website because it isn't that kind of site, but the application made me put in that info in order to apply. Or so it seemed. Now I am trying to actually monetize my youtube channel, but because of this application that will never seem to resolve, I can't even monetize my youtube channel until I resolve the issues with my website. I don't want my website on it. Adsense, should have the ability to scrap an old account application and allow for a new application based upon info provided from the monetizing application. At least have someone to contact to try and reset the application so I can do what I was trying to do in the first place. (the application process is so unintuitive and has no guidance.) It is too easy to make a "irreversible" mistake. For a company as big as google, you'd think they'd have a more user friendly system that seeks to help those who inadvertently did the wrong step or misread the application steps. At least provide an option that users can verify they aren't trying to cheat the system by setting up more than one account. I just want one account. that is it. just one. Come on google.