Guide Me
star_border

External Checkout conversion tracking issues

G N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
G N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a website that has a checkout form on a subdomain of another domain (eg. mywebsite.checkoutsite.com) where we have placed our conversion pixel. However, it appears that the conversions are not showing up in our Adwords account. Why is this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: External Checkout conversion tracking issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi G N, welcome to the Community.  Conversion tracking on third-party sites is quite common, particularly in ecommerce sites like yours so it's not a general problem with AdWords.  The issue is almost certainly going to be with the third-party site itself and, unfortunately, we can't help with that.

With most well-known checkout sites a quick Google for "adwords conversion tracking sitename" will bring up posts/sites explaining how to get the conversion code working for that site.  Or you could just tell us who it is and someone here may have experience of working with that product; I've done more than a few...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
G N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
G N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's not a third party website, it's just another domain we own. So I have full control over tracking pixels. The issue I'm having is that AdWords clicks from Adomain.com track perfectly when it converts on Adomain.com/cart, but not Bdomain.com's conversions that occur on B.Adomain.com/cart. Both pixels are on the cart checkout page and both have their own Adwords account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi G N, at the end of the day it's going to be a problem with the code on the site then.  As far as I'm aware there is no issue with running multiple conversion code snippets on a single page load so if one is not recording (and I'm assuming you know you've had sales via the AdWords Account in question) then the simplest explanation is that there is a problem with the code implementation for that Account.

Are you able to perform a test and view the report of Tag Assistant?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

G N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
G N
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Tag Manager's debug/preview shows the pixel firing successfully on the conversion page, however Tag Assistant does not report the AdWords pixel.