Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ext Phone # only when open?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

We have our 1-800 number showing with ad extentions. Is there a way to only have that number show during 9-5 Mon-Fri regular hours. Not showing on weekends and holidays when we are closed? 

I can schedule ads on a certain day and time only, but what about the phone number extenbsion?

Any help is greatly appretiated.

Thanks Fred 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Ext Phone # only when open?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Fred,

Your ad extensions (including Call Extensions) actually work to the ad scheduling that you set. So if you have your campaign set to run during your working hours then the Call Extensions should not appear during those hours that the business does not operate.

If you need to run the Call Extensions hours separate to the regular text ads then it is a case of duplicating the campaigns and adjusting the setting for each accordingly. Top Contributor Theresa gave a great solution for this here.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Fred,

Your ad extensions (including Call Extensions) actually work to the ad scheduling that you set. So if you have your campaign set to run during your working hours then the Call Extensions should not appear during those hours that the business does not operate.

If you need to run the Call Extensions hours separate to the regular text ads then it is a case of duplicating the campaigns and adjusting the setting for each accordingly. Top Contributor Theresa gave a great solution for this here.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you Scott I figures that would be the answer. I would be able to dopuble the camps, but I have huge lists of negative placments and detailed work that occures within each account. In our case luckily 90% of our sales are shopping cart, customer service is for calls. 

I think since we have to have a 800 number for quality custoer service "very important these days" we just record a new message saying we are closed etc, etc, and we will be glad to call you back Monday, thanks you for your call...That type of thing.

I would like to make a recommendation to Google that they try to add this function to their list of "To do" im sure it maybe already. 

Thanks Fred 

Hi Nisson It is not possible that your...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nisson

It is not possible that your  ad  extension (Call Extension) not display your phone number on weeknd because ad extension work on you campaign running schedule. I suggest you to create the Weekend campaign for your services and dont use the Call extension on that campaign and your working campaign you run Monday to friday with Call extension for that your phone number not displayed on Weekend and you didnt get any call for that days.

Chander Kant

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

tomhalejr wrote:

You can't do ad scheduling with the editor

You can in fact, though it's not very obvious.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tom,

Can you give a few examples other than the obvious that you have found AdEditor perfect for? Some say I can schedule, ok, but have you found some "amazing" use that you can to tell us about, in all seriousness. 

Thanks Fred 

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Couldn´t one write a script that pauses phone extensions and certain times?