Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Explain Over-delivery with an example

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know, what is over delivery credit? If someone could explain with an example, I would be really greatful...

Thanks,

Vignesh Krishna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Explain Over-delivery with an example

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Vignesh K,

Google will occasionally show your advert too many times and exceed your daily budget - This is called "Overdelivery".

Your account has a total monthly charge limit and this is defined as your total daily budget x 30.4 (The average number of days in a month).

If your total monthly charge limit is exceeded as a result of this "Overdelivery" then you will be credited for anything that is above the limit.

This is fairly common for advertisers who have a limited daily budget - You will notice you are losing a lot of the 'impression share' due to budget.

For more information on "Overdelivery Credit" please see this help article: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6327?hl=en-GB

Hopefully that answers your question.

All the best,

Spike

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Vignesh K,

Google will occasionally show your advert too many times and exceed your daily budget - This is called "Overdelivery".

Your account has a total monthly charge limit and this is defined as your total daily budget x 30.4 (The average number of days in a month).

If your total monthly charge limit is exceeded as a result of this "Overdelivery" then you will be credited for anything that is above the limit.

This is fairly common for advertisers who have a limited daily budget - You will notice you are losing a lot of the 'impression share' due to budget.

For more information on "Overdelivery Credit" please see this help article: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6327?hl=en-GB

Hopefully that answers your question.

All the best,

Spike

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Spike Smiley Happy The explanation answers question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
this a bit of a rip because i put money in to my ad and in one day it.s gone no clicks no calls
and then adwords asking for more i don,t under stand it it,s happened more than 20 times already and im getting alittle upset with this advertising budget thing is there anyway i could get any help with this or do i have to live with it..but some day are great u get your ups and downs anyway &$